UKC

Primus Himalaya Omnifuel stove:Which nozzle for butane/propane?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris Sansum 17 Sep 2007
I have a Primus Himalaya Onmifuel stove. It comes with 3 metal nozzles which screw in depending on the type of fuel you are using. They are marked for 0.28mm, 0.3mm and 0.45mm. The problem is, I no longer have the instructions, so I'm not sure which one to use for the Coleman Butane/Propane screw in canisters (or similar - we're going to be buying some in Switzerland).

Does anyone happen to have the same stove with a set of instructions and could check this? I've tried searching the web, and the only useful thing I can find is this:

http://www.base-camp.co.uk/Primus%20Himalaya/expo-fuel.htm

I'm wondering whether I should be using the 0.45mm nozzle as I'm not getting enough gas through to light it with the 0.3mm nozzle. But on the other hand it could just be that it needs some maintenance, and I don't want to blow myself up by fitting the wrong nozzle!

Cheers for any help!

Chris
OP Chris Sansum 17 Sep 2007
In reply to Chris Sansum:

PS I did try it with the 0.45 nozzle, and it seems very fierce! Maybe that's how it is supposed to be though.
 UKC Forums 17 Sep 2007
This thread was started in the DOWN THE PUB forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Climbing Gear - Post all your climbing gear-related questions here. You know how you love comparing Friends with Camalots!

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html
In reply to UKC Forums:

Dear moderator

Stoves are not climbing gear!

Please would you move my topic back to the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.
 Paddy Duncan 17 Sep 2007
The biggest one of the 3.
Smallest for deisel, middle one for petrol/coleman.....
In reply to Paddy Duncan:

Cheers! I thought it was broken. It sounds like a rocket engine through the big one!
 Wibble Wibble 17 Sep 2007
> (In reply to Paddy Duncan)
>
> Cheers! I thought it was broken. It sounds like a rocket engine through the big one!

They do. It's working right then!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...