UKC

ANDY KIRKPATRICK TOUR October/November 2007

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Rebecca Varley 24 Sep 2007
Removed User 28 Sep 2007
In reply to rebecca varley:

Go and see this man. A really genuine character who has changed the accepted format of climbing lectures from Mr/Ms X's holiday snaps into pure comedy entertainment.
 MttSnr 07 Oct 2007
In reply to Removed User:

Still no London dates I see.
Rebecca Varley 08 Oct 2007
He came to the RGS in London on 4th September - sorry you missed it, though so did a lot of other people because of the tube strike!
 Fredt 16 Oct 2007
> He came to the RGS in London on 4th September -

I went to that, and was slightly disappointed, as there was hardly any climbing material, mainly Antarctica. So it was a different show to one I had seen previously, but still had the same title. Did Andy change the content as it was RGS?
Rebecca Varley 16 Oct 2007
In reply to Fredt: Wasn't aware that he had -'Psychovertical' is designed to appeal to a wide audience and not just climbers, so does have a broader scope. Sorry you were disappointed!
andy kirkpatrick 16 Oct 2007
Hi

Yes the one at the RGS had 50% of the normal content cut out (Retisant wall - the psychovertical bit), as London audiences generally start leaving at 9.30 at most shows (tubes/trains etc), and with the tube strike I'd been asked to keep it shorter at the last minute. Sorry you didn't enjoy it, but I thought it was one of the best shows I've done (if you didn't find me getting the woman up on stage worth the money in itself then I suggest you go and see more climbing slideshows!!!!!).

The show isn't aimed at climbers really, and is meant to be entertaining, gripping, funny etc. Unfortunately talking to 30 people who've begrudgingly paid £4 each to listen to me babble on about climbing in some back room of a climbing wall just doesn't pay the bills anymore (YES I AM A SELL OUT!).

If you want some proper London climbing talks then see about join the alpine club - their pre-talk nibbles are great.

All the other Southern talks will be complete.

Cheers

Andy

Fredt 18 Oct 2007
In reply to andy kirkpatrick:
Hi Andy

I didn't say I didn't enjoy the RGS show, I thought you were your usual hilarious self. I saw a talk you did at Hope Valley College which was also brilliant, so when I saw you were on at RGS I took along a London-based climbing friend, assuming the subject would be the same, hence the (slight) disappointment at lack of climbing content. We did enjoy it, but I just thought I'd comment on the fact that there were two different talks with the same title.
Anyway, when are you going to do a hard-core climbing talk in London? (ducks for cover...)

Fred
 grumsta 18 Oct 2007
So is there any chance of this tour hitting the north of England at all? Kendal maybe?
andy kirkpatrick 18 Oct 2007
In reply to Fredt:

Sorry if my reply was a bit harsh, and re-reading your post I can see you weren't saying you didn't enjoy it. I'd like to do something just about climbing (I did last year at the RGS gig for porters progress), but finding a good venue is hard in London. Maybe if anough people bug Costwold outdoor they may ask me to come down and do some talks at their London shops?

As for lakes lectures, I did Barrow, Amblside and Carlyle last year, but maybe I could do something at Rged?

Cheers

Andy
 Ashley 23 Oct 2007
In reply to andy kirkpatrick:

Why was the Southampton one cancelled last week?
Rebecca Varley 25 Oct 2007

Despite being a mighty, strong climber type, he was actually ill for once - glad to know he is mortal at least. Sorry if you missed out - will be more dates for 'O8.

Cheers

Rebecca
Jim C 30 Oct 2007
In reply to grumsta:
> So is there any chance of this tour hitting the north of England at all? Kendal maybe?

Or Scotland ?

Going to the Fly or Die Talk tonight 30th at Tiso Glasgow. He can be as funny as he likes, as it will keep my mind off the uncomfortable chairs. (forgot my cushion)

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...