UKC

Huaraz (peru)-gear hire?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 davefount 26 Sep 2007
I wonder if anyone could comment on the availability of tents (expedition grade) and stoves (pressure multifuel, ie MSR or Primus) for hire in Huaraz, Cordiellia Banca, Peru. If anyone as organised there own expedition to the Cordiellia Blanca I would be gratefull to compare planning notes.

Kind Regards All

David Fountain
 Seema 26 Sep 2007
In reply to davefount:

Plenty of gear for hire / to buy back in 2000 - not been since. Some of it suspect quality, but also some good. Would expect you to be able tofind what you need to climb, but maybe not have exactly the choice you'd like in ideal world.
 John Nuttall 26 Sep 2007
In reply to davefount: I was there trekking last week and would agree with the above response. No doubt the vast number of local agencies would be more than happy to help you out although as stated above you might not get exactly what you wanted. If you wanted to make contact with equipment hire - support services agencies before your trip you could look www.huaraz.com, do a web search, or look at a recent Lonely Planet Guide. I stayed at Hostal Colonia in Huaraz (sorry don´t have email) and three of us let them organise everthing for an 11 day trek. We used tents etc owned by the hostal,I would think they would quote reasonable prices for gear hire and have been supporting trekking and moutaineering groups for many years.
 John Nuttall 26 Sep 2007
In reply to davefount: Found email: mcolonia01@hotmail.com. You can use English.
OP davefount 27 Sep 2007
In reply to John Nuttall: many thanks
madmountaineer 30 Sep 2007
In reply to davefount:
TRY

cafeandino@hotmail.com> Christopher Benway / Cafe Andino
Paul Hudson

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...