UKC

North Wales bunkhouses/huts (Tremadog area)??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fiend 02 Oct 2007
Hello I'd like some suggestions of bunkhouses / huts / hostels (obviously open to public rather than specific associations) in the North Wales area to make autumn / winter visits more palatable.

I know of some to the North of Snowdown ("cockerel campsite" bunkhouse, bunkhouse opposite Vaynol, Pete's Eats), so it would be useful to have some to the South e.g. Tremadog area to go with the low-lying crag options.

Cheers for any advice!
 Null 02 Oct 2007
In reply to Fiend:
> Hello I'd like some suggestions of bunkhouses / huts / hostels ... e.g. Tremadog area to go with the low-lying crag options.
>

We used to doss in Eric Jones's barn, beside the petrol station and cafe. He used to bring in steaming big mugs of tea in the morning and you had to pay for the previous night before he would part with the mug of tea. Good psychology.

Still open?

David Hooper 02 Oct 2007
In reply to Fiend:
Hi Fiend

Yes as far as I know Erics bunkhouse is still there opposite the cafe at Tremadoc.

There is also a clubhut (Birmingham? Bromsgrove and Redditch?)

If you want something really special there is a holdiay let cottage down the road at Nantmor that is absolutely magical. Just next to the carpark by the Aberglaslyn bridge - have a nose through the window - it looks like a hobbit hole that been renovated by a cross between a himalayan mountaineer and a hippy.
OP Fiend 02 Oct 2007
In reply to David Hooper:

Eric's sounds just the thing. Do they have showers? Two things I'm fussy about when staying somewhere: Hot shower and lack of pissed up yobs.
 David Hooper 02 Oct 2007
In reply to Fiend:
Dont know Ive not stayed in the bunkhouse only the clubhut years ago.- try ringing the cafe? It looks quite nice & well appointed through the window though
 Andy Manthorpe 02 Oct 2007
In reply to Fiend: There is a shower on the end of the Cafe, shared by the campsite and bunkhouse I think.

Andy
 Stig 02 Oct 2007
In reply to Fiend: There is a shower somewhere. To be honest it is pretty chilly in the bunkhouse in the summer so by autumn it may not be as comfortable as you are hoping. It is perfectly ok though.
OP Fiend 02 Oct 2007
Cheers useful knowledge.

I'd put up with chilly if it avoids the howling wind and putting tents up / down in freezing rain syndrome.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...