UKC

WIN a £500 rack of DMM Gear.....My First Outdoor Lead..

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 DMM Wales 02 Oct 2007
 antwan 09 Oct 2007
Just sent mine in, Wonder what the spot prize is?
 dispeller 09 Oct 2007
In reply to antwan:

Same here....maybe it's some chalk!!
 antwan 10 Oct 2007
Bet your "essay" is better than mine though! Chalks pretty useful, although a coule of Kustom Karibiners with ma name stamped on would be better.
 omerta 12 Oct 2007
In reply to Chris Rowlands:

Is there a closing date?
 Michael Ryan 15 Oct 2007
In reply to sarah79:

20th December.
 nikinko 15 Oct 2007

sent mine in over the weekend. which 'catergory' should it have been in?

cheers

Nikki
In reply to nikinko: Yep, me too. I stuck mine in competitions.
 nikinko 16 Oct 2007
In reply to Nicholas Livesey:

I figured they're just publishing them at the rate of about 1 per day so as not to flood the forums. Mine will be in the waiting list with all the others who did it on Saturday then!
In reply to nikinko: I've been gagging to see mine published. I'm so impatient. I could do with that rack aswell. I'm too skint to buy gear and I only have a set of rocks. At the present rate I'll complete my rack sometime in 2010.

Looking forward to reading yours and all the others.
 Michael Ryan 16 Oct 2007
Competition category is good.

All will be published.
 antwan 17 Oct 2007
> (In reply to nikinko) At the present rate I'll complete my rack sometime in 2010.

Thats only 2 an a little tiny bit of a year away, Youll have it before the olyimpics!
OP DMM Wales 18 Oct 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

It has been really great to see the entries so far, and the different experiences people have had. We're delighted with the response to the competition, so keep them coming.!! All entries will be published, and we'll use some of our Sponsored climbers including Nick Bullock to help with the judging. Might even hand out a spot prize or two !

Chris Rowlands
Brand Manager DMM
 antwan 24 Oct 2007
In reply to Chris Rowlands: Quick question for you regarding your tru screw crabs, why dont you make them in the sexy titanium grey with the deep red gate? been looking all over for some.
 98%monkey 28 Oct 2007

I have 922 words - Is this too long?

Happy to email for proofing, its a good read with a couple of photos.
 fimm 31 Oct 2007

I've submitted an entry (I think) - should I have had some sort of acknowledgement email? (It absolutely doesn't matter if you don't send them; I just want to check if I should look out for something or not. Thanks.)
OP DMM Wales 05 Nov 2007
In reply to antwan:
Sorry for the delay in responding, but I've been away for a bit.
We make the Truscrew in the Titanium colour but with a lime green gate in line with all our other lockers. Sorry but we have no plans to change just yet. Colours are so difficult to handle as opinions are so varied and we've all got one !!
Best Regards
Chris Rowlands
Brand Manager DMM
 Glyn Jones 05 Nov 2007
>
>
> All will be published.

Really?
 antwan 05 Nov 2007
In reply to Chris Rowlands: Thanks for the reply, suppose i can stop looking for them now, and buy some of the others! unless my totally useless article wins of course...
OP DMM Wales 06 Nov 2007
In reply to antwan:
Good luck with the article !
Chris
 mrcog 15 Nov 2007
In reply to Chris Rowlands: Wheres mine, i submitred it a week ago but didn't label it first lead, is that a problem, hoping not. Can anyone give me a response on what happened to mine??
 fimm 19 Nov 2007
In reply to mrcog:

It does take a while - mine has been in the system for at least a fortnight and went up this morning... I think they have had quite a few submitted and are not going to put them up all at once.
 mrcog 20 Nov 2007
In reply to fimm: Ok, cheersa
Tony Strutt 23 Nov 2007
In reply to Chris Rowlands: what's the closing date, i can't see it anywhere?
In reply to Chris Rowlands: Closing date!!!!!
 CJD 24 Nov 2007
In reply to Fawksey:

fourth post down, from Mick Ryan - 20th December.
In reply to CJD: Phew! in
 antwan 19 Dec 2007
5 days to go and 51 articles, so exciting!
 omerta 19 Dec 2007

Can we submit tomorrow, too?
 stephen Rowley 19 Dec 2007
In reply to sarah79:
Submited one but it was s***e
 stephen Rowley 19 Dec 2007
In reply to stephen Rowley: Ps there are some really good ones out there it would be great if peeps published articles to some of the caliber of the ones up there all time. This site would then defo be the dog's nuts
 antwan 20 Dec 2007
In reply to stephen Rowley: I've been wanting to write an article for ages, but i dont have anything to write on about? any ideas? think there was only one that i personally though was not better than mine, but on a level par, making mine around joint last!

Small hint if the DMM guys havent decided on spot prizes yet, Some mid size nuts would be nice (or even one!), i dont have many
 antwan 24 Dec 2007
Its the 24th! i am impatient aren't i! so who is the lucky winner?
In reply to antwan: See my thread! I too am very impatient.
 a13x 24 Dec 2007

Have we all mixed the days up and its not realy the 24th??
 Nom 24 Dec 2007
In reply to Chris Rowlands: Seriously, who is the winner?
In reply to Nom: so many entries that they have put it back a few days
 a13x 27 Dec 2007
In reply to Fawksey:

Whats the new date for the winner?
 tommyzero 04 Jan 2008
In reply to a13x: Bump. Any idea on the date of the judging? We'll be missing the January gear sales!
In reply to tommyzero: yeh, when is it announced?
elfofnight42 14 Jan 2008
In reply to Franco cookson: Maybe they're waiting until 24th December 2008?

But seriously... it was supposed to be announced 3 weeks ago, can we not at least be given some indication of when it will be announced?
 antwan 14 Jan 2008
In reply to elfofnight42: Mick ryan posted a thread wihch i havent been able to find saying (along the line of not quoted)
Thanks for the 122 entrys the have now all been published

DMM team are busy preparing for a trade show, so a winner will be announced sometime this week or early next.

The winner will go to Llanberis for a factory tour, leading into the store room where the winner can make up there £500 rack travel expenses paid for by DMM

wont be too long now, it was all the late entrys like yours delaying the whole thing! Lol,
 mrcog 18 Jan 2008
In reply to Chris Rowlands: I can't wait, i'd love to win. Finally get a rack!!! Probably not going to happen though.... but deriously, there were a lot better entrys than mine.
 alan wilson 27 Mar 2008
In reply to mrcog: Whatever happened to the 'spot prizes' for entrants then ??
Chris James 01 Apr 2008
In reply to alan wilson:

Yes, I wondered that too!

Maybe the prize was seeing our prose in print?
 antwan 01 Apr 2008
http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/#n43359

This will tell you how to claim your prize.

Do keep up!
James 15 May 2008
The above link didn't work for me, so I emailed the DMM administrator yesterday, and got my spot prize in the post this morning (What service!)
elfofnight42 16 May 2008
In reply to James: I never claimed my spot prize... what were they? is it worth me following it up?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...