UKC

CBR 600 vs Diversion

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
anonymousperson 06 Oct 2007
What is the difference between these too ?

Is the CBR that much quicker?

I know the Divvy is a tourer, and the CBR a sports bike, but that about all.
 Wee Davie 06 Oct 2007
In reply to anonymousperson:

Night and day. Cutting edge vs. blunt butter knife.

Davie
Profanisaurus Rex 06 Oct 2007

CBR - revvier, sharper handling, more sporty seating position, arguably more "fun"

Divvy - torquier, softer handling, probably more comfortable over distance, arguably more practical.

However, I know people who commute on Ninjas, Fireblades, and others who grind the pegs on Goldwings, so overall, it's a case of ride them both and select the one which you like best.
anoymousperson 06 Oct 2007
In reply to Masood:

Hmm....

How far do they commute on a fireblade ? ( imagine thats a sure way to get backache- and do they do it in winter?)

My next planned bike is a 800i VFR (98 onwards) Not a VTEC engine - was told by a dealer they are crap
Profanisaurus Rex 06 Oct 2007
In reply to anoymousperson:

From Hastings to London and back every day. So approx 140 miles a day, all year round.
karl walton 06 Oct 2007
In reply to Masood:
10 minutes ago I bought a Diversion.
 koolkat 06 Oct 2007
In reply to anonymousperson: had the divi 900 great bike but needed cleaning a lot , handled like and had the top speed of my bmw rt 1100 ,
but the beemer needed less cleaning and had more gadgets
 dannym2710 06 Oct 2007
In reply to anonymousperson: bro in law had the divi 600, and likened it to riding my restricted thundercat powerwise, said it was comfy tho,know a few people, some with the cbr rr and some with the cbr f sports tourer, both love them to bits. if i had to go for one id pick the cbr600f, slightly comfier seating position over the rr but with the same power and speed
karl walton 06 Oct 2007
In reply to dannym2710:
Good compromise the 'f' model but a bit ugly if I remember correctly?
 dannym2710 06 Oct 2007
In reply to karl walton: aye, not the pretiest of machines, i prefer the thundercats looks, and according to my bro in law, whos ridden my thundercat and my mates cbr600f, the honda doesnt feel as powerful
TWINKLETOES 06 Oct 2007
In reply to anonymousperson: Diversion = Boring.
 dannym2710 06 Oct 2007
In reply to TWINKLETOES: depends waht your doing, if your the sort of person to buy one in the first place then your not going to be trying to drag your knee on corners.
karl walton 06 Oct 2007
In reply to dannym2710:
I'm up the A1 tomorrow, to pick mine up, if someone will hold my pipe and flat cap I'll be up for a race.
 dannym2710 06 Oct 2007
In reply to karl walton: id be up for a race if my thundercat didnt have twisted forks and a smashed fairing
Franklin the pedantic cat 06 Oct 2007

Do what I did & buy a Triumph Daytona 675.

You know it makes sense!
 dannym2710 06 Oct 2007
In reply to Franklin the pedantic cat: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 675....... new shape or older, stubbier back shape?
Franklin the pedantic cat 06 Oct 2007
In reply to dannym2710:

Only one Daytona 675.
karl walton 06 Oct 2007
In reply to dannym2710:
Sounds like a fair match then, especially with me not liking to too fast in case my hearing aide starts whistling.
 dannym2710 06 Oct 2007
In reply to Franklin the pedantic cat: mates got a daytona, although it might be a 600, and the tail is very stubby on it
 SC 06 Oct 2007

CBR is much, much quicker. You wouldn't belive the difference. any 400cc sports bike is a lot quicker than a diversion. CBR is still comfy enough for long distances but lots more fun when you get there
 dannym2710 06 Oct 2007
In reply to karl walton: hehehe lol,give me a couple of weeks and she'll rise from the flames again, and then its on bitch :P
karl walton 07 Oct 2007
In reply to TWINKLETOES:
> (In reply to anonymousperson) Diversion = Boring.

Been out on my new (2nd hand) one today, plenty fast enough for me.
BTW does anyone know where the cruise and climate control knobs are?
Profanisaurus Rex 07 Oct 2007
In reply to karl walton:

Good choice for what you want it for.
karl walton 07 Oct 2007
In reply to Masood:
Aye I think it's a sound bike, but I guess time will tell.
I had though forgotten just how much of a visceral experience biking was, I think I have gotten soft in the last 10 years.
Profanisaurus Rex 07 Oct 2007
In reply to karl walton:

Hehe it'll come back soon enough!
 SC 07 Oct 2007
In reply to karl walton:

Perfectly good bike. Not the fastest or most exciting but still much quicker than most sports cars & a lot cheaper to buy & run.
karl walton 07 Oct 2007
In reply to SC:
Tis a good bike indeed, and much faster than the Kwak GT 550 I had last, so it's all relative.
It's really about what you make of it. I remember swapping the front pegs for the smaller rear ones on my GT to give me more ground clearance in corner.
Grind those pegs!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...