UKC

New Zealand v Australia (next Sunday)....Looking Forward To It?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
wcdave 07 Oct 2007
In reply to wcdave:

I am looking forward to watching it if it's being broadcast in the UK. A lot of new players for the Kiwi test side so should prove interesting.
NB Not sure how Leuluai deserves a spot. He's been carried by Barrett for Wigan this year.
 Horse 07 Oct 2007
In reply to wcdave:

At last a win for the SH.
wcdave 07 Oct 2007
In reply to Horse: It's a shame there's not a cup for the winners.
 Horse 07 Oct 2007
In reply to wcdave:

Cups don't matter, it is winning all the nothing games outside competition that makes you "the best".
 Dave C 07 Oct 2007
In reply to Horse: After nearly two years I'm just getting used to living in a place where nobody has the slightest interest in any form of rugby or that airy-fairy game with the round ball for that matter. The local Aussie Rules team here just won their first national league title in 44 years last weekend so it's not likely to change either.

PS There are probably more people at the local lawn bowls tournament than RWC viewers around here!
 Horse 07 Oct 2007
In reply to Dave C:

I suspect there will be even fewer after yesterday.
 Dave C 07 Oct 2007
In reply to Horse: The only guy I know here who's likely to be watching is an ex-pat pom anyway so the audience may hold up.
 Horse 07 Oct 2007
In reply to Dave C:

At least your lot seem to be taking it on the chin. Unlike those whingers from across the Tasman, no doubt the irony of the ref being chosen by a fellow Kiwi will be lost on them.
 Dave C 07 Oct 2007
In reply to Horse: They do take their RU a bit more seriously over there, it's their national game after all. You have to remember it trails way behind Australian Rules and even RL.
 Horse 07 Oct 2007
In reply to Dave C:

I realise that, you would have thought therefore they might have worked out to be the best in the world they actually have to win the pot. They haven't so they are not. Mind they could give Ireland a contest for top chokers.
Removed User 07 Oct 2007
In reply to Horse: You'd have thought they'd manage to have found two fat lads for the front row over the last four years though!

Iain
Kipper 07 Oct 2007
In reply to Dave C:
> .. After nearly two years I'm just getting used to living in a place where nobody has the slightest interest in any form of rugby ...

I tried explaining this to some mates (English, Kiwi and Scot) at an Australia (RWC) match last week - there are only 3 'real' rugby playing nations; NZ, ZA and Wales. They weren't having it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...