UKC

Incomplete Primus Omnifuel Instructions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rawstron1 09 Oct 2007
Having just bought an Omnifuel and used it for the first time at the weekend I was confused, after following all instructions to the letter to find out that I got covered in fuel when I tried to turn off and disconnect the bottle. I contacted Primus and it turns out that the destructions are incomplete and incorrect. A very helpful chap at Primus gave me the correct instructions:

"Hello Anthony,

The instruction is probably not the best on the planet... This is what you actually should do to shut off:

1, Flip bottle to “OFF” position. This makes the fuel inlet tube come above fuel surface - air enters the system and presses the last fuel in the line towards the stove.

2, Wait until the stove shuts down (no fuel in the fuel line and the stove).

3, Wait some more until all air pressure is gone! This is not described in video or instructions but will help preventing fuel spill when disconnecting the valve from the pump.

4, Close valve on stove and on fuel line CLOCKWISE. (You may leave the valves in any position but I like to have them closed to start with when preparing for the next meal)

Best regards,

Urban"

Probably common sense to those of you who've used one before but I just couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong, especially as they have an instructional DVD which contradicts the written instructions!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...