UKC

NEWS: What James Pearson Said After The Promise E10

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 15 Oct 2007
James Pearson (age 22) of Matlock, Derbyshire is one of the best technical and boldest climbers in the UK. He started climbing in 2001. He quickly established himself as one of the finest gritstone climbers with repeats of The Zone E9 6C and Knocking on Heavens Door E9 6C and then in 2005 with the ...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
TimS 15 Oct 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Great little clip, thanks for the heads up Mick.
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: That is tremendous. Wonder what the doctors thought when told theyde be treating a paraplegic woman with a broken leg sustained while climbing El Cap?
 Moacs 15 Oct 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Nice clip - thanks.

The photo caption says Burbage S but the text says Burbage N by the way.

J
OP Michael Ryan 15 Oct 2007
In reply to Moacs:

Ta John...sorted.
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: You've got mail.
 jazzyjackson 15 Oct 2007

so do we assume by the title of the route that this will be his last ever E10?

The route was, in his word "something to leave behind"

OP Michael Ryan 16 Oct 2007

Transcript of what James said:

""For the last few years I've been trying to find something on grit that's really hard - a really good line - quite a standout feature, rather than some poxy squeezed in eliminaty hard thing, something really outstanding to do.

I'd been racking my brain for ages, so to finally manage to do something like this really cool looking arete it's really good. To try and leave my "mark", if you know what I mean.

Because there's not much stuff left on Grit, which is a shame because the climbing is so nice and the routes are all really good; there's just not much left of great quality. I'm happy I've done it."

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...