UKC

WARNING! : Break ins at Almscliff

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 shortyx 18 Oct 2007
Just got back from a quick sesh at Almscliff and some tea leaves have been in my car. Didnt nick much, only a 3 quid pair of shades.

When i got there i noticed a few patches of newly broken glass dotted along the parking areas, but thought sod it I'll be fine. They were obviously watching from somewhere as I'd only been an hour away from the car when it happened.

Have informed the police but they never really do much with petty break ins, but thought I'd warn everyone to keep their eyes open.

Probably the best thing to do is leave your cars open with nothing valuable inside, it might save you the cost of a new window. Thankfully the security on my car is shit so I just had to bend the door back into shape

Stay alert people!
fxceltic 18 Oct 2007
In reply to shortyx: personally I think a group of us should park cars there with lots of expensive gear in, then hide up and wait for the c*nts to expose themselves and then thrash them to death with hexes.
 haworthjim 18 Oct 2007
In reply to fxceltic:
> then thrash them to death with hexes.

a little over the top dont you think

Id prefer to use a friend 4
:0)

haworthjim 18 Oct 2007
In reply to shortyx: Warning noted thanks
In reply to fxceltic:

I'll be there. Some scrote nicked a load of stuff from my car ages ago, and since then I always have to come up with a protracted and usually inconvenient plan to leave stuff at a friend's house, not take things I actually want to take with me, or end up carting everything in the car to the crag with me - a ball ache if I have trad gear, a pad or two and loads of camera gear...
TimS 18 Oct 2007
In reply to shortyx: That's rubbish - a thursday lunchtime too - not exactly a peak period to go for cars to break into! Were there any other cars there when you got there or do you think they were on foot?
OP shortyx 18 Oct 2007
In reply to TimS:

There was a guy in a Freelander with the engine ticking over in the turnaround bay, but he might have been innocent. Thing is I never normally put things in the glovebox and I cant decide if he watched me put the shades in there, cos that was rived off as well.

I can live without the shades but its a good job they didnt nick my clisptick off the backseat cos then I'd have been really pissed off!
 John_Hat 18 Oct 2007
In reply to fxceltic:

**grin** A couple of guys from my Dojo used to wander around Hyde Park in Leeds (anyone who doesn't know - its dodgy mugging area) at 2am shouting "we've got lots of MONEY!!** is faux drunken voices.

Sadly not a single mugger took the bait....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...