UKC

petzl headtorch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 vicentvega 11 Nov 2007
Can anyone recomend thir favorite petzl headtorch??? mainly for use walking in the uk!! thanks
 Kimono 11 Nov 2007
In reply to vicentvega:

tikka
 Banned User 77 11 Nov 2007
In reply to vicentvega: Myo XP
 VisionSet 11 Nov 2007
In reply to vicentvega:

Depends how you'll use it. For emergency and around the camp/car use where hassle free battery issues or weight is important then go with the tikka (might as well go for the 4 led version) and personally I see no need not to go for zipka? version, it is just so damned well designed and convenient.

Otherwise if more serious light output is required and you appreciate the extra weight and the rear battery pack approach then the myo xp is VERY good, probably the best of all brands.
 Pilch 13 Nov 2007
In reply to vicentvega:
In my experience headtorches are very easy to lose and also they don't get used as much as you think. There are a lot of cheap petzl lookalikes around as cheap as £6.95, well worth considering, i have one i bought in decathlon two years ago for about a tenner and its still going strong.
 Gabe 13 Nov 2007
In reply to vicentvega:

Myolite 3. Its a great piece of kit
 SebCa 13 Nov 2007
In reply to vicentvega: Myo 5, but the one with the batteries on the head torch not on a cord
In reply to vicentvega:

There are some good deals on the Petzl Zoom at the minute, but they do have British Telecom logos.
http://www.sypeland.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_...
 SebCa 13 Nov 2007
In reply to A Nidderdale boulderer.: they are the original and a bargain at 12.50, but i can tell you for a fact, if you dont get the battery conversion they are a pain in the arse to get the batteries for and they drain quick, stick with LED it seems to be to way forward. Also going from personal experience, they do not reach 90m! well mine sure does'nt!
 JamieAyres 13 Nov 2007
In reply to vicentvega:

I'm in the market for a new head torch too - anyone got any experience of the Petzl Duo?

I believe that's what it's called - has a big fat halogen and a subsiduary LED set up.

Anyone know if they're any good?
 SebCa 13 Nov 2007
In reply to JamieAyres: hte duo last i saw had the halogen bulb and a standard, the norm now seems to be halogen and led which i presume will be what you mean, those being the Myo3&5
 CurlyStevo 13 Nov 2007
In reply to vicentvega:
I like the tikka XP. Small light and bright enough for mountain use.
 obi-wan nick b 13 Nov 2007
In reply to vicentvega: Also worth looking at the BD Icon and Zenix IQ
 Phil Anderson 13 Nov 2007
In reply to vicentvega:

I posted a very similar thread to this a month or so ago which you can probably dig out if you search around.

As a result, I bought a Myo XP and I have to say I have been REALLY impressed with it. Of all the features, I thought the diffuser would be the least useful, but actually it's one of the best. It gives an excellent pool of light and works a lot better than it looks like it will (if you see what I mean).
45networker 15 Nov 2007
In reply to vicentvega:

first should this topic not be in the gear section.

second what ever you take take an e+lite as well. for £20 well worth the cash in an emergency.
Mk
OP vicentvega 15 Nov 2007
In reply to 45networker: sorry!! arrest me now!!! my fault!!
 Peakpdr 15 Nov 2007
In reply to vicentvega: i just got the new petzl lite ( the little one thats advertised here on ukc its bloody brilliant especialy for night climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...