UKC

Am Limit - The Huber Brothers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 magpie 22 Nov 2007
Does anyone know if I can get a copy of this with English subtitles anywhere?

I'm assuming that when it was shown in Sheffield recently there was some kind of translation?

Alternatively, does anyone know if the original German version has subtitles options - like a lot of UK DVD's do - my German isn't good enough to work it out from Amazon.
OP magpie 23 Nov 2007
In reply to magpie:
*Bump*

Really? No one knows anything?

I was expecting at least a couple of UKC standard 'it's crap, why bother' comments at least ;D
 BrianT 23 Nov 2007
In reply to magpie:

Me and my partner Jude went to see it at the Sheffield Documentary Film Festival, I think it was the UK premiere. It did feature English subtitles and I can't imagine that any UK release wouldn't have the same subtitles.

Incidentally, a superb film and in my view superior to the majority of climbing documentaries because it focuses in some considerable depth on the personalities of the subjects to an extent which matches if not overshadows the actual climbing footage, in other words it's a film about The Huber Brothers and their sibling relationship against a backdrop of their attempt to set a new record for speed climbing The Nose.

If you want to know a bit more about it, Jude did a blog article about the film which also contains links relating to it and to the brothers' attempts (eventually successful) to break the record.

http://judecalverttoulmin.blogspot.com/
gingermonkey 23 Nov 2007
In reply to magpie:

I agree with thee above! Awsome film, i saw it at the KMFF, and was one of the highlights for me! Definately worth buying!
OP magpie 24 Nov 2007
In reply to BrianT:
That's great, thanks. Went to see Thomas speak last week which was really good so would love to get my hands on a copy of the film. Still looking for a subtitled version avaliable to buy online though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...