UKC

Arc'teryx fabrics

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
curly57 04 Dec 2007
Can anyone advise me regarding the differences between the Tweave durastretch lightweight and Fortius fabrics. With particular regard to relative merits in the old and new versions of the Gamma lt trousers.
 GarethSL 04 Dec 2007
In reply to curly57: The Gamma lt trousers are not what I would call soft shell at all, just a strechy pair of hiking/climbing trousers, spare yourself £30 and get a pair of palisade pants as there is no real difference between materials. That said the old t-weave ones were very similar, except being more robust and strechy with no real 'shell' qualities to it. Whilst advertised as a softshell pant I for one would be quite dissapointed if thats what I ended up with. For Arc'teryx's only 'real' softshell trousers check the Gamma MX in polartec powershield. Expensive but damn worth it!
curly57 04 Dec 2007
Thanks for that, the Palisade indeed appears to be very similar! I have the MX hoody and I think that it is excellent, I have no experience of the MX trouser but I assumed they would be limited to winter use due to the heavier fabric on the legs.
 GarethSL 04 Dec 2007
In reply to curly57: well depends, i used the mx trousers on hot summer days and never really had a problem. As for the palisade pants the material is slightly lighter than the gamma lt so more breathable but i still think are just as windproof.
curly57 04 Dec 2007
I don't run particularly hot, and I would really like to think I could get away with the MX trousers, I'm just a little concerned that things could get rather clammy when working hard with no venting options.
 GarethSL 04 Dec 2007
In reply to curly57: there is that, but as far as i know they are the only true softshell trousers they do bar whats in the ski range. the gamma lt trousers seem to have the mx features but with a different material, not sure what its like though. but it depends what you're really going to use 'um for. winter, MX, alpine and everything, AR, light windy cold weather hiking/climbing, LT.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...