UKC

What's the best way to catalogue / index climbing images?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FedUp 24 Dec 2007
Once I've finished scanning all my old slides I'll have, in addition to my current digital files, about 1000 images on my computer.
Now, idealy I'd like something with a keyword search tool, but as I only have a relatively small number of images, and as I can't afford to spend money on a suitable program, I'm just going to make do with a bog standard hierarchical folder system on my computer instead.

So, what the best way of sorting my images. In otherwords what system of file naming and folder rganisation do you use and does it work well for you?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
 Bob 24 Dec 2007
In reply to FedUp:

Try Picassa - you can tag images with keywords plus you can upload to free webspace in either public or private folders.

boB
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 24 Dec 2007
In reply to FedUp:

I have always done them by folders in folders: area<crag<route (Eastern Grit<Stanage<Unconquerables) or area<activity<location - (Eastern Edges<walking<Ladybower).
Might not be very sophisticated but seems to work OK - I can usually find what I am looking for.

Chris
OP FedUp 24 Dec 2007
In reply to Chris Craggs:

That's pretty much what I'm looking for, as rather than sorting them by date I'd like to search for them by area, crag, or route. How would you set up an individual file name? For instance, could you give me an example of the file name attached to an individual image of yours, say for example a pic of someone leading Right Unconquerable?

In reply to Bob:

Thanks for that. I'll check it out, but I was more interested in something I could do myself, much like Chris has described.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...