UKC

tadpoles in quick draw

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jason lane 03 Jan 2008
hi, happy new year. ive been bought some quickdraws for xmas. they have tadpoles in them on one side. no description in the paperwork or lables as how to use them. do i connect the tadpole end to the face or the other way round? thanks jay
 Ewan_B 03 Jan 2008
In reply to jasonlane:

The tadpole's supposed to be on the rope side of the draw to help hold the krab still and make it easier to clip.
OP jason lane 03 Jan 2008
In reply to Ewan_B: thanks ewan but is that all the tadpole is for? i mean is it not for stablizing gear as not the let cams for instance creep?sorry for questioning but i dont struggle with the old non tadpole quicks i use
A female Senior Social Worker 03 Jan 2008
In reply to jasonlane: No, Ewan was correct, the non-tadpole end will reduce cam creep
In reply to A female Senior Social Worker: ah thanks senior social
neilinut 03 Jan 2008
In reply to jasonlane:

Better for sport tham trad imo.For a cam that might walk or a nut that can easily lift out I always prefer a completely open extender so the whole arrangement is loose and all the whaggling about goes on with the krabs rather than the pro.
In reply to neilinut: so in your opinion the quicks ive got should be on the rope? end coz i am going to use them trad
In reply to jasonlane: thanks neil
 DMM Wales 03 Jan 2008
In reply to jasonlane:

If they are a DMM Quickdraw, the 'Tadpole' is always used on the rope clipping end of the draw (NOT THE END USED FOR CLIPPING THE BOLT OR WIRE ). It does the same as the old rubber rings we used to use which were on the outside. They were difficult to assemble and prone to abrasion and wearing out quite quickly. Because the 'Tadpole' is inside the Dyneema it is better protected and less likely to wear.
DMM quickdraws come in 12/18/25 cm lengths on dyneema with the Tadpole sewn in.
Chris Rowlands
Brand Manager DMM
In reply to Chris Rowlands - DMM: thatll do for me .straight from the horses mouth. brilliant.thanks very much chris
In reply to jasonlane: they are dmm and they are great
 Trangia 03 Jan 2008
In reply to jasonlane:

And there was me thinking they expanded into frogs removing the necssessity for cams....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...