UKC

Soft shell pants for short legs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 liz j 02 Feb 2008
Help, size 10 and only 5'1 so am having serious problems finding a pair of softshell pants to fit me. I'm after something that'll stand up to mixed alpine climbing. Why do all gear manufactures think all women are 5'10.
 ebygomm 02 Feb 2008
In reply to liz j:
> Why do all gear manufactures think all women are 5'10.

They don't, I've tried on some Rab softshell trousers that were too short for me and I'm only 5'4

Muhammad-the-randy-teddy 02 Feb 2008
In reply to liz j: My patagonia super guides are small. I'm pretty short and they come up to the top of my boots so...
OP liz j 02 Feb 2008
In reply to Muhammad-the-randy-teddy:
Ah, that's interesting cause it's the patagonia trousers that I'm kinda interested in
Muhammad-the-randy-teddy 02 Feb 2008
In reply to liz j: They have them (or did) half price at 'the mountain factor' online £75. They are mens though and brown rather than black (probs sale reason) so would depend if you have hips or not. I don't know much about womens gear and whats available.
 magpie 02 Feb 2008
In reply to liz j: I've got Patagonia Winter GUides and they are great, they fit me almost perfectly length wise and I'm only 5ft. They also go down to pretty small sizes which is nice becasue I often find that small trousers still don't fit me the way I want them to. Helpfully I can't remember where I got mine from but they were £35 and worth at least twice that in my opinion. I've used them for cold days here and winter routes and tehy are really nice and cosy, probably too warm for summer though.
 magpie 02 Feb 2008
In reply to magpie: Planet Fear, I got mine in I have just been told. In fact now I've been reminded, they had a couple of pairs on their eBay auctions recently, small sizes.
Dr.Strangeglove 02 Feb 2008
In reply to liz j:
marmot do a very wide range of leg lengths I think,
 Phil Sneyd 02 Feb 2008
In reply to ebygomm:
"They don't, I've tried on some Rab softshell trousers that were too short for me and I'm only 5'4" Softshell capri maybe?
dinkypen 02 Feb 2008
In reply to liz j:

I am your size and have bought a pair of Mountain Hard Wear Winter Wander Pants, Lady's fit, from Outside in Hathersage for £59 reduced from £79. Great fitting pants, wide at the bottom so they will fit over B3 boots/ski touring boots and also in more of a hipster kind of style which suits me as I am quite short in the upper torso. I also have the RAB Vapour-rise pants (women's specific) which have the fleecy lining and which fit well, although they are slightly more snug than the Mountain Hard Wear pants.
OP liz j 04 Feb 2008
In reply to dinkypen:
Cheers for all the replies and glad I'm not the only shorty!! I've ordered a pair of Mammut base jump pants as they seem to do them in my length so I hope they fit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...