UKC

CHRIS SHARMA- UK lecture tour March 2008 details

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 BeyondHope 03 Feb 2008
premier post photo
Organised by Heason Events, Beyond Hope, distributors of Evolv Climbing Shoes is proud to announce the dates, venues and ticket details for the CHRIS SHARMA - UK lecture tour March 2008

March 13th: - London - The Castle Climbing Centre - 020 8211 7000 - http://www.castle-climbing.co.uk/
March 14th: - Swansea - Dynamic Rock Climbing Centre - 01792 845655 - http://www.dynamicrock.co.uk/
March 15th: - Sheffield - The Climbing Works - 0114 2509990 - http://www.climbingworks.com/
March 16th: - Sheffield - The Climbing Works - 0114 2509990 - http://www.climbingworks.com/
March 17th: - Birmingham - Redpoint Climbing Centre - 0121 359 1777 - http://www.redpointclimbingcentre.co.uk/
March 18th: - South Malton, Devon - The Mill Adventure Centre - 01769 579600 - http://www.milladventure.co.uk/
March 19th: - Southampton - Cotswold Outdoor - 01489 799555

James Oswald 05 Feb 2008
In reply to BeyondHope:
he should come to manchester
 James Oswald 05 Feb 2008
In reply to BeyondHope:
get him to cum to manchester . he is going to sheffield twice
 telemarker 05 Feb 2008
In reply to BeyondHope:

Is there any reason why this tour isnt being made into a proper UK tour? I am pretty sure there are atleast a couple of people in Scotland who would like to hear what the man has to say.
 James Oswald 05 Feb 2008
In reply to BeyondHope:
and a few thousand in manchester
ShAFF 06 Feb 2008
In reply to james oswald:

I reckon that Chris is going to be blown away by the crowds in the UK - Sheffield sold out in under a week - and will come back pretty soon for a full blown tour. It's a pretty tight schedule as it is - 12 lectures in 12 days (5 in Norway). I'm working on getting him to do a bigger tour. If anybody is interested in sorting out a venue for him please contact me. I'm also talking to Dave Graham about coming over and looking for venues.

Cheers,
MattH
ShAFF 06 Feb 2008
In reply to ShAFF:

OK,
I just spoke to Chris and he is willing to squeeze in another two shows, one on the afternoon of Saturday the 15th March in Manchester and one on the afternoon of 16th March in Sheffield. I can sort a venue in Sheffield. If there is anybody in Manchester willing to organise a venue please let me know ASAP.

MattH
 andymoin 06 Feb 2008
In reply to telemarker: Second that! Scotland need to be on the tour as well.
rginns 08 Feb 2008
In reply to ShAFF: why not contact John Dunne of MCC he might be interested??
 peas65 08 Feb 2008
In reply to BeyondHope:

Does no one ever come up north? (manchester is not the north)
ShAFF 08 Feb 2008
In reply to peas65:

Tickets for the South Molton lecture are now available online here: http://www.heason.net/HTML/CurrentEvents/HeasonEventsCurrentEvents200803Chr...

I'm talking to John at the Manchester Climbing Centre, but it look slike it might not work as it's an afternoon gig not an evening one. Anybody else know of a venue?

MattH
 telemarker 08 Feb 2008
In reply to BeyondHope:

Ratho, sorry my bad thats not in Manchester
 James Oswald 09 Feb 2008
In reply to BeyondHope:
MEN arena? how much room do u need?
 James Oswald 11 Feb 2008
In reply to BeyondHope:
..... any comment on manc
 MattH 12 Feb 2008

Unfortunately can't fit him in at Manchester Climbing Centre or Awesome Walls Stockport. Anybody else fancy taking it on? Uni club?

Matt
 James Oswald 12 Feb 2008
In reply to BeyondHope:
try heaton mersey tennis club off green lane. leo houlding had a talk there which seated several hundred people. please look into it.
thanks
Twinkle 12 Feb 2008
In reply to ShAFF:

Hi Matt.

I sent you an email and a text, I hope I'm on the list for twop tickets to the extra show in Sheffield? It's my boyfriends birthday and I'd love to sort it for him. He was gutted he couldn't get tickets.

Michelle
 James Oswald 12 Feb 2008
In reply to BeyondHope:
try finding out if heaton mersey tennis/ lax/ cricket club is hiring for then. really quite a decent sized venue
 MattH 14 Feb 2008

I'm too busy with ShAFF coming up to actually organise this so am looking for somebody else to take it on. There's the potential to earn some good money!

Cheers,
MattH
 Chris F 14 Feb 2008
In reply to andymoin: Aye, hardly a UK tour. More like an English tour, with a token Welsh visit.
 fullastern 14 Feb 2008
In reply to MattH: Will talk to manchester uni club, see if we can get a lecture theatre or something
 James Oswald 17 Feb 2008
In reply to MattH:
yep im 17 and eager to earn cash!
so when would chris be available to lecture? how many seats needed?
the quicker you reply the quicker i find one.
p.s how much?
 MattH 18 Feb 2008

Hi James,
Call me on 07966 529219.
MattH
 prawn 18 Feb 2008
In reply to BeyondHope: Hi, its a real shame he can't get to The Barn in Launceston Simon Youngs wall? it would be amazing to see him there - its a proper hard core climbers wall!
 James Oswald 19 Feb 2008
In reply to BeyondHope:
which venues are there remaining tickets for?
 whispering nic 21 Feb 2008
In reply to MattH:
Have a venue near Edinburgh that gets lots of climbers through the door every night - any chance Chris will travel this far?
ShAFF 21 Feb 2008
In reply to whispering nic:

Sorry nic,
Not on this trip, but the next one...
Email me and I'll keep your details and get in touch when it happens.
Matt
 Ian Broome 26 Feb 2008
In reply to ShAFF:
> (In reply to ShAFF)
>
> OK,
> I just spoke to Chris and he is willing to squeeze in another two shows, one on the afternoon of Saturday the 15th March in Manchester and one on the afternoon of 16th March in Sheffield. I can sort a venue in Sheffield. If there is anybody in Manchester willing to organise a venue please let me know ASAP.
>
> MattH

Any news on the other extra sheffield show? Ticket availability? venue etc?
Thanks
Ian
 shewan284 26 Feb 2008
hi, no chance of chris coming to edinburgh then? EICA possibly?
Murdy 28 Feb 2008
In reply to BeyondHope:

So he's going to be at nowheresville in Devon and he's not coming to Newcastle? What is that all about? We've got shops up here that do Prana and Evolv, but that's obviously of no concern. Speak to the guys in Wildtrak and sort out some big venue. I have to say this all seems like a joke. Why is Heason completely botching this up and what have Beyond Hope got to do with it?
Colin H 01 Mar 2008
In reply to Murdy: Get real folks. With a limited stay the guy cannot get everywhere. You cannot expect people to put on a gig round the corner from you just because a handfull of people have a moan.
Like Matt says, sort out a venue provisionally, with option dates and get back to him. It's good that Matt is busy and it offers opportunities to others.
I've done this three times now and should be announcing a big event at a major venue for September soon.
What's wrong with a bit of travelling? Why can you Manchester folks not get on a train to Sheffield?
Stop moaning and do it.
Colin H
 Michael Ryan 05 Mar 2008
In reply to Murdy:
> (In reply to BeyondHope)
>
> ........and what have Beyond Hope got to do with it?

Chris Sharma is sponsored by, amongst others, Prana and Evolv, that are distributed by Beyond Hope in the UK.

And yes, this isn't a major 6 week lecture tour, but a week, lots of places have missed out.

MattH 06 Mar 2008
In reply to Murdy:

Not sure if you are trying to get a rise or not. The venues that Chris is talking at whilst here are the ones who were keen at the time of booking. I;ve since received a number of enquiries for Chris should he come back again. Assuming that this tour goes well I am hoping to invite him back next winter. If you want to host him in yoru area please let me know.

MattH
ShAFF 10 Mar 2008
In reply to MattH:

FYI, some more tickets have now gone on sale for the two Sheffield lectures on Sat 15th and Sun 16th March.

http://www.heason.net/HTML/CurrentEvents/HeasonEventsCurrentEvents200803Chr...

Or buy them over the phone / counter at The Works.

MattH
 robert mirfin 10 Mar 2008
In reply to BeyondHope:

There are still tickets left at Redpoint Birmingham

£10 in advance £12 on the day.
 Paz 10 Mar 2008
In reply to BeyondHope:

Welcome to England Chris, sorry about the weather!
ShAFF 13 Mar 2008
In reply to Paz:

There are still tickets left for Swansea tomorrow night too.

MattH
 pinkie 23 Mar 2008
In reply to prawn:

hey i climbed at The Barrn 2 years ago but wen he was based near Bude ! great little place he had there along with a silo for leading !
wish i lived down there.... yep a right proper climbers wall i agree totally..... not see his new venue but i can imagine its even better than the first venue ! great guy that simon...

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...