UKC

Anyone been to the westway recently?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
i.munro 04 Feb 2008
If so I'd appreciate knowing whether they've still got the heaters on in the new bouldering area?

Thanks

Ian
i.munro 04 Feb 2008
In reply to i.munro:

Bump. Nobody knows?
 UncleLaurence 04 Feb 2008
In reply to i.munro:
I'm pretty sure the new bouldering is being re-set and will be out of bounds until ~tue.

The heating was still on when i was there last week.
i.munro 04 Feb 2008
In reply to UncleLaurence:

Thanks appreciate the info.
I'll probably just give up then , hope the Arch opens pretty soon.
 colin harvey 04 Feb 2008
In reply to i.munro: no restting being done yesterday and an intermittent cod breeze
i.munro 04 Feb 2008
In reply to colin harvey:

Sorry I'm the last to complain about typing but cod??
I'm guessing cool but I can't imagine where from it's a metal box??
 Cliff Hanger 05 Feb 2008
In reply to i.munro: Well I've heard of cod reggae, is that similar?

i.munro 05 Feb 2008
In reply to Cliff Hanger:

Is that like French reggae?

Acording to Antoine de Caunes Sp?? "it's just like the Jamaican original except that it has no political, cultural or even musical significance whatsoever. We like it like that we're a very shallow people"
 gingerdave13 05 Feb 2008
In reply to i.munro: i'd guess it was more cold...

but that's just my two penneth.

as for the heating have they installed some in the new bouldering area? it was chuffin chilly otherwise!
i.munro 05 Feb 2008
In reply to gingerdave13:

Yep they have.
I've already wasted one evening & nearly a tenner as a result so I'm trying to get confirmation it's been turned off before I try again.

Shame really it was quite a good facility for a few weeks.
 Cliff Hanger 06 Feb 2008
In reply to i.munro: Yes thats the sort of thing, would that therefore make a cod breeze contain the faint hint of garlic?

UncleLaurence 07 Feb 2008
In reply to i.munro:
was pretty cold in there when they opened at ~8 this morning
i.munro 07 Feb 2008
In reply to UncleLaurence:
Thanks but sadly I have to go to work during the day due to my employers being totally unreasonable about the need for training for climbing.
 colin harvey 07 Feb 2008
In reply to i.munro: I liked the outcome of fat finger typing and enjoy the fact that others do too.
i.munro 08 Feb 2008
In reply to colin harvey:

> (In reply to i.munro) I liked the outcome of fat finger typing and enjoy the fact that others do too.

Me too & as I say I'm pretty bad. Still no idea what's going on at the wall though! However, as it's now t-shirt weather I suspect it's become irrelevant.

i.munro 11 Feb 2008
In reply to i.munro:

Sorry to drag this up again but surely someone must know the answer. Just like last week I find myself with only enough time for the Westway rather than another wall.
So, are the heaters in the new bouldering bit on or off at the mo?

Ian
 lithos 11 Feb 2008
In reply to i.munro:

dont they know ? can you not call them to get it from the horses mouth - or is that a daft idea ?
Jazee 12 Feb 2008
In reply to i.munro: The Duty Manager will do as the majority using the room wish. People seem to have strong opinions on the temperature they prefer to boulder in and the Westway appear to be more than happy to try to create that environment.

It is bad luck if you turn up just after a group who like it warmer than you do as it does take a while to cool down.
i.munro 12 Feb 2008
In reply to Jazee:

Ok Thanks.

I didn't know it worked like that I assumed it was all automated & you couldn't change it.
Odd they didn't tell me that when I asked for my money back (I probably got the wrong people).

Ok, sounds like I'm going to need allies here.
Who else wants to use this facility but finds anything over say 20 deg unbearable & what evening suits you?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...