UKC

no coffee, no tea, no sugar,..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
JackKeen 06 Feb 2008
im on a no coffee, no tea, no "obvious" additional sugar day

i feel like shit!

id murder a marathon bar or two
 JimMcQ 06 Feb 2008
In reply to JackKeen:

Is beer allowed?
JackKeen 06 Feb 2008
In reply to JimMcQ:

i aint had alchol since christmass - im not a drinker
 gobsmacker 06 Feb 2008
In reply to JackKeen:

Try ethanol
 rock waif 06 Feb 2008
In reply to JackKeen: reduce caffiene by 10% per day, and you can come off it without the pain. going cold turkey, it takes 2 weeks to come off it (well if you usually have lots of caffiene you'll notice it anyway)
JackKeen 06 Feb 2008
In reply to gobsmacker:

does it have the same effect as alchol
 JimMcQ 06 Feb 2008
In reply to JackKeen:
> (In reply to JimMcQ)
>
> i aint had alchol since christmass - im not a drinker

no fun.

wot about drugs?
Phoenix 06 Feb 2008
In reply to JackKeen:

Yeah.. dont go compleatly cold turkey, my mum ended up in bed for 3 days with caffine withdrawal when she went coffee cold turkey. She even considered going to the doctor, and for her that was unheard of. Migranes, throwing up she had it.

Saying that she now drinks coffee again.
JackKeen 06 Feb 2008
In reply to rock waif:

so its a 2 weeks to be cleen of caffiene?

i was just planning a one dayer to see what it was like, but i'll use that info as a challenge and go for 2 weeks then.

now ive had a green tea at lunch i must admit, but does that count? as i was avoiding coffee and black tea
JackKeen 06 Feb 2008
In reply to JimMcQ:

i tend to avoid fun, it leads to unrealistic optimistic fealings

dont do drugs no more, dont have the head for it any more , get all para

AlisonSmiles 06 Feb 2008
In reply to JackKeen:

An apple fresh from the fridge can be a treat - if you can fool yourself into thinking it is so!
 rock waif 06 Feb 2008
In reply to JackKeen:

I did cold turkey and felt ill, depressed, moody etc etc, it can be worse that stopping smoking if you usually have a fair bit of caffiene. Personally I recommend cutting down slowly.

Tea, green 240 mL (8 U.S. fl oz) 30*mg of caffiene
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine

What How much caffeine?

Instant coffee 60-100 mg per cup The amount of caffeine depends on how much you put in the cup
Fresh coffee 80-350 mg per cup The amount of caffeine depends on:

the type of beans ('Robusta' contains more caffeine than 'Arabica')
the way the coffee is made how strong the brew is

Decaffeinated coffee 2 - 4 mg per cup The amount of caffeine is usually marked on the packet
Tea 8 - 90 mg per cup Caffeine content depends on how strong the brew is
Cola drinks 35 mg per 250ml serve Cola drinks often contain a lot of sugar too
Cocoa and hot chocolate 10 - 70 mg per cup The amount of caffeine depends on strength of the brew and the other chemicals in the product
Chocolate bars 20 - 60 mg per 200 g bar Chocolate also contains a lot of sugar
Some prescription and over-the-counter medications 20 - 100 mg per dose Some medicines (cough, headache and slimming products) contain caffeine.

JimMcQ 06 Feb 2008
In reply to JackKeen:

OK. So far its no sugar, no caffeine, no booze, no fun, no drugs.

So you probably don't have the energy or will to engage in carnal delights either.

You're screwed mate.
JackKeen 06 Feb 2008
In reply to JimMcQ:
> (In reply to JackKeen)
>
> OK. So far its no sugar, no caffeine, no booze, no fun, no drugs.
>
> So you probably don't have the energy or will to engage in carnal delights either.
>
> You're screwed mate.

not so, had a very nice night last night with the missus , both of us in bed early , top notch, if i have my way then ther'll be a repeat of the activities this evenin, best warn the neighbours

rock waif 06 Feb 2008
In reply to JimMcQ: You need to have drugs, caffiene, sugar and booze to have sex with the object of your affections?
 JimMcQ 06 Feb 2008
In reply to rock waif:
> (In reply to JimMcQ) You need to have drugs, caffiene, sugar and booze to have sex with the object of your affections?

Of course not.
<she says she does though >
 JimMcQ 06 Feb 2008
In reply to JackKeen:
> (In reply to JimMcQ)
> [...]
>
> not so, had a very nice night last night with the missus , both of us in bed early , top notch, if i have my way then ther'll be a repeat of the activities this evenin, best warn the neighbours

Thank all that is holy for that Jack - I was beginning to think you had nuthin to live for mate.
 Mita 06 Feb 2008
In reply to Phoenix: How much would a person have to drink to suffer those side effect, seem quite extreme....
 Mita 06 Feb 2008
In reply to AlisonSmiles:
> (In reply to JackKeen)
>
> An apple fresh from the fridge can be a treat - if you can fool yourself into thinking it is so!

I read somewhere that an apple contains the same amount of get-up-and-go as a cup off coffee... Not sure if this is true...
 JimMcQ 06 Feb 2008
In reply to Mita:
> (In reply to AlisonSmiles)
> [...]
>
> I read somewhere that an apple contains the same amount of get-up-and-go as a cup off coffee... Not sure if this is true...

I'm on my fourth apply already Mita, bouncing off the walls I am.

Bingly Bong 06 Feb 2008
In reply to Mita:
> (In reply to Phoenix) How much would a person have to drink to suffer those side effect, seem quite extreme....

I used to drink about 4 cups of coffee a day. When I went on my hols in the summer each year, from day 3 - 5 ish were utterly, utterly crap.. massive headache all the time.

I have since given up coffee.
 John Wood 06 Feb 2008
In reply to JackKeen:

Just reading this thread have given me the shakes. Seriously. I've really got a problem here
 Stuzz 06 Feb 2008
In reply to Mita:
> (In reply to Phoenix) How much would a person have to drink to suffer those side effect, seem quite extreme....

i once gave up coffee for 2 week (both to convince myself i could and because i was finding if i wasnt having at least 4 cups a day or so i had no energy) and found that after day one i was getting really annoying dull throbing headaches through out the entire day and had even less energy than before. having said that by then end of the 1st week the headaches had all but gone and i had even more energy than before.

so yea, stick at it and it works out good!

all said however, i love coffee too much to give it up forever and have found that as with most things, moderation is the key

ok, rant over
 Mita 06 Feb 2008
In reply to Stuzz: I have one cup of coffee a day and even then it doesn't get drunk in full...... I do smoke though, I guess we all have at least one vice.....
 Stuzz 06 Feb 2008
In reply to Mita: you should be fairly safe from the dreaded Caffeine Monsters then! whatever the hell they are.... eh, yea. nevermind...
JackKeen 06 Feb 2008
In reply to Stuzz:

ok ive cracked had a mug ,

was so tired that i had to go to toilest for small kip, but that didnt help, has 1 mug, feel better now so as i can see out the day.

cold turkey over , will try gte by on 1 mug a day for this week then cold turkey it saturday
 CurlyStevo 06 Feb 2008
In reply to JackKeen:
I stopped drinking tea and coffee for a few weeks. You do notice if you don't sleep well or have a hang over you can't function as well, other than that you get used to it I think. When I started again, it sent me a bit dizzy after a cup of coffee.
cbsj4 06 Feb 2008
In reply to JackKeen:

Hi Jack,

I can empathise, I have cut out all dairy products, so called treats (Chocolate, cakes, biscuits), and all meats. This is the hardest thing I've done, the discipline to keep on the straight and narrow helps when I'm thinking of my trips to Scotland.
I've dropped 16lbs since Jan 2nd and am on course. So that helps also.
I aim to be a lean mean walking machine,

cbsj4
 gobsmacker 06 Feb 2008
In reply to JackKeen:
> now ive had a green tea at lunch...

Don't some types of green tea stimulate your brain/get you high in other ways ?

Phoenix 06 Feb 2008
In reply to Mita:

Quite a bit,

she was in a high stress job, people used to make her a lot at work, basicaly whenever someone noticed that her cup was empty, and the same at weekends.

She only gave up in the first place becuase we all went to the dentist and dentist said she was basicaly cooking her gums as mum had to have it really hot. She gave it up for a while, but now drinks it again on the basis that it does not have to be stinking hot.
JackKeen 06 Feb 2008
In reply to cbsj4:
> (In reply to JackKeen)
>
> Hi Jack,
>
> I can empathise, I have cut out all dairy products, so called treats (Chocolate, cakes, biscuits), and all meats. This is the hardest thing I've done, the discipline to keep on the straight and narrow helps when I'm thinking of my trips to Scotland.
> I've dropped 16lbs since Jan 2nd and am on course. So that helps also.
> I aim to be a lean mean walking machine,
>
> cbsj4

7kg in a month

hope you beigncareful and gettign some rest well done bty

i've lost 2 kg

Knitting Norah 06 Feb 2008
In reply to JackKeen:

I came off caffeine years ago and still think it was a good idea. I do drink the occasional hot chocolate and eat the odd bit of chocolate but always pay for it. Caffeine makes me bad tempered and depressed but doesn't give me headaches. The kids really noticed the difference when I stopped.
Now I drink lots of water and fresh fruit juice. Luckily we live in an area where the water tastes good because I do not like bottled water and I object to paying for a commodity that can be free.
cbsj4 06 Feb 2008
In reply to JackKeen:

Yeah I know, it's probably twice what I should have lost in the same time. But I feel good and I think it will slow down now. I've had some good hard walks in and am off to do Tryfan soon.
Don't quit, I'm getting stronger in every way. My Mantra. hahaha

take care

cbsj4

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...