UKC

Bhutto murder 'rubber stamped'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 woolsack 08 Feb 2008
We can all relax now. It was the sunroof that dunnit!

Forget eye witness reports of a bullet, what do they know. These are the boys from the Yard. Even though the murder scene was cleaned within hours, the body gone within 24 hours, our boys have cleared up the mystery.

Please join me in a round of applause. Well done, every bit as good as Hutton.
Anonymous 08 Feb 2008
In reply to woolsack: What did you expect them to do in the absence of a properly preserved scene, properly handled body, accredited pathologist, opportunity to video interview witnesses etc?

Muppet.
Anonymous 08 Feb 2008
In reply to Anonymous:
> (In reply to woolsack) What did you expect them to do in the absence of a properly preserved scene, properly handled body, accredited pathologist, opportunity to video interview witnesses etc?
>
> Muppet.

maybe if you don't know what happened because the evidence does not provide all the information you need. The verdict is not the one returned

mong
 dread-i 08 Feb 2008
In reply to woolsack:
Though there is video footage of some one with a pistol, that is not the cause of death. The cause of death is the injury sustained as a result of the bomb.

Perhaps the shooter missed, but the bomber certainly didn't.
 Bruce Hooker 08 Feb 2008
In reply to woolsack:

Have you read the actual report? It says she was killed as a result of the bomb blast which cause her head to strike the roof of the car... not that she just stood up too quickly! It doesn't in any way deny that it was an assassination, just refutes that the clinical cause of death was gunshot wounds. Whether this is the case or not doesn't change anything. Other reports attribute both the shots and the detonation of the bomb to the same person.

I don't see why you would refer to this as a "rubber stamp"?
 Monk 08 Feb 2008
In reply to woolsack:

I know I am being really dumb here, but why does it matter how she died? Surely both possible causes of death are as a direct result of the assassin and she is still dead. I don't really understand the issue.
 lowersharpnose 08 Feb 2008
In reply to woolsack:

Why is murder by bomb, as opposed to by gun, rubber stamping?

lsn
Anonymous 08 Feb 2008
In reply to Bruce Hooker:
> (In reply to woolsack)
>
> Have you read the actual report? It says she was killed as a result of the bomb blast which cause her head to strike the roof of the car... not that she just stood up too quickly! It doesn't in any way deny that it was an assassination, just refutes that the clinical cause of death was gunshot wounds. Whether this is the case or not doesn't change anything. Other reports attribute both the shots and the detonation of the bomb to the same person.
>
> I don't see why you would refer to this as a "rubber stamp"?

She was killed with thermite charges smuggled about her person days earlier by mossad agents disguised as dressmakers.
Anonymous 08 Feb 2008
In reply to lowersharpnose:

Have you ever seen someone killed by rubber stamping? Not a pretty sight.
In reply to woolsack:

It's a vaguely interesting question how one does investigate murders under sharia law, given that the body is supposed to be buried within five minutes, or whatever it is. Didn't this hamper them with Maxwell (Jewish law, I guess, but the same point)? Where do they stand on post mortems and pathologists at all?

Any one know? I guess Rowan Williams could tell us.

jcm
 grumsta 08 Feb 2008
In reply to woolsack:

Think someone needs to take their tin foil hat off. :0)
bergalia 08 Feb 2008
In reply to woolsack:

She's dead. So what.
Removed User 08 Feb 2008
In reply to woolsack:

"UK police reached their conclusions by studying TV footage of the assassination, and X-rays of the victim.

X-rays of Bhutto's head showed the only apparent injury was a major trauma to the right side of the head, and experts agreed this could not be a gunshot entry or exit wound, the report said.

It cited British Home Office pathologist Dr Nathaniel Cary, who said: "The only tenable cause for the rapidly fatal head injury in this case is that it occurred as the result of impact due to the effects of the bomb blast."

There were no X-rays of Bhutto's body, but Dr Cary said it is unlikely her body would have been hit by bullets through the vehicle's armour plating. "

So if it wasn't the blast that killed her, how did she die? Knifed in the spleen from inside the vehicle at the very moment the bomb went off?
OP woolsack 08 Feb 2008
In reply to Bruce Hooker:
> (In reply to woolsack)
>
> Have you read the actual report? It says she was killed as a result of the bomb blast which cause her head to strike the roof of the car... not that she just stood up too quickly! It doesn't in any way deny that it was an assassination, just refutes that the clinical cause of death was gunshot wounds. Whether this is the case or not doesn't change anything. Other reports attribute both the shots and the detonation of the bomb to the same person.
>
> I don't see why you would refer to this as a "rubber stamp"?

I have read the report and that's why I used the comparison with Hutton- its a waste of time.

The real issue is who arranged for her to be murdered, that question is not being answered by the investigation. Instead they have investigated a cause of death, which is kind of academic since she is dead.

Its the usual smoke and mirrors
Mr Justice Cocklecarrot 08 Feb 2008
In reply to woolsack:

Cretin.
In reply to Removed User:

>The only tenable cause for the rapidly fatal head injury in this case is that it occurred as the result of impact due to the effects of the bomb blast."

>So if it wasn't the blast that killed her, how did she die?

You've lost me. The blast blew her into something, which killed her. Or so they are saying.

jcm
Removed User 08 Feb 2008
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

I was puting it to Woolsack that little doubt remains over the cause of her death.

However that doesn't seem to be what he's working himself up about.
Anonymous 08 Feb 2008
In reply to Mr Justice Cocklecarrot: You're too kind Sir.

Aha, I see, yes.

I have some sympathy with the point that it doesn't seem very important. A bomb goes off, people wind up dead. That particular causal relationship doesn't seem like the crux of the matter generally. Wider issues do arise.

jcm
OP woolsack 08 Feb 2008

"A number of amateur videos of the assassination, some made with cell phones, have been aired on local TV channels since 27 December last year when Ms Bhutto was brought down.

Some of then clearly show that she had fallen inside the vehicle a few seconds before the suicide bomber blew himself up."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7235267.stm
 Paul Atkinson 08 Feb 2008
In reply to johncoxmysteriously: the idea of an autopsy and delayed funeral is absolute anathema to Jewish and Muslim laws and culture. In the UK the coroner can insist on an autopsy regardless of the wishes of the next of kin. Where no cause of death is known (which is by far the commonest reason for a coroner's PM) but there are no suspicious circumstances, some coroners will accept findings from a full body post mortem MR scan in lieu of an autopsy when the scan comes up with a credible cause of death. The deceased's family pay for the scan in the hope of avoiding what they see as desecration of the body

P

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...