UKC

Hope valley railway

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 davefount 12 Feb 2008
Looking at training it to the peak this weekend, this will involve the train from sheffield to hathersage and back. The national rail website, and trainline seem to only show trains at appox. 0600 and 2300 from hathersage to sheffield, another website tells me that no trains will be running this saterday (16th). I have however found the manchester to sheffield northern rail pdf timetable which implies there should be plenty of trains running.

I wonder if anyone can tell me if there are major engineering works this weekend or something, or whether the northern rail timetable is likely to be correct.
OP davefount 12 Feb 2008
In reply to davefount: thanks in advance
 winhill 12 Feb 2008
In reply to davefount:

Engineering work between Hope (Derbyshire) and Hazel Grove from Saturday 16 to Sunday 17 February 2008
Routes affected: Sheffield, Hope, Chinley, Hazel Grove, Stockport & Manchester Piccadilly

Saturday and Sunday - Northern Rail services from Manchester Piccadilly to Sheffield will terminate at New Mills Central and start up again at Edale, and will not call at Chinley. Buses will be provided between New Mills Central and Hope, where they will connect with the trains to Sheffield. Trains from Sheffield to Manchester Piccadilly will terminate at Edale and start up again from New Mills Central, and will not call at Chinley. Buses will be provided from Hope to New Mills Central. The 2258 bus from Hope will run to Manchester Piccadilly, calling at Chinley and Stockport. Saturday only - The 2030 New Mills Central to Manchester Piccadilly service will depart New Mills Central at 2051 and will run later than normally advertised throughout. Sunday only - An additional bus will be provided from Chinley to Manchester Piccadilly, departing Chinley at 2310 and calling at Stockport East Midlands services between Nottingham and Liverpool Lime Street will terminate at Sheffield. A replacement bus service will operate between Sheffield and Manchester Piccadilly for connecting rail services to Liverpool Lime Street

http://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/EMTrains/Times/Alterations.htm
OP davefount 12 Feb 2008
In reply to winhill:

ah

cheers
OP davefount 12 Feb 2008
In reply to davefount: I 'should' be ok then.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...