UKC

Unashamed bragging thread

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hjonesy 26 Feb 2008

Come on now, don't be shy.....

What have you got to brag about at the moment?

Personally, I'm off to Italy tomorrow for a week, flying club class, staying in fab hotels, going to the opera, having a day wandering round the galleries of Florence, and then maybe a day skiing in the mountains as well.

I'm SO excited.

What's your brag?
Ian 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:
Florence is lovely, get to the David, its awesome

My brag? Its sunny out, I'm sitting near a window and eating a lovely sandwich
 graeme jackson 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy: The sound guy we had on friday came up to me at the end of the gig and said I had the best bass sound he's ever heard.
 sutty 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

I am not coming with you, thank goodness.;-P
 CJD 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

not quite as exciting as yours but I'm off to Bel-gum on the train on Friday and I'm *very* excited.
Hjonesy 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Ian:

I'm going to see EVERYTHING!!!

Ahhh...your brag sounds lovely!
In reply to CJD:
> (In reply to Hjonesy)
>
> not quite as exciting as yours but I'm off to Bel-gum on the train on Friday and I'm *very* excited.

Wouldn't it be quicker getting the boat from hull?
Hjonesy 26 Feb 2008
In reply to sutty:

*gasp* you don't mean that, you know you'd love to share a frothy cappuccino with me in the sunshine!
 CJD 26 Feb 2008
In reply to graeme jackson:

no. Five and half hours, door to door (Leeds to Brussels) and that includes an hour and a bit in London to change trains.
 sutty 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

OK, you got me bang to rights, I am sort of jealous. I may doze off in the opera though. Do they kick you out for snoring?

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v167/12/118/515293861/n51529...
 The New NickB 26 Feb 2008
> (In reply to CJD)
> [...]
>
> Wouldn't it be quicker getting the boat from hull?

I would have thought the train journey would be a good bit quicker. It is pretty quick down the east coast mainline to Kings Cross then pretty quick from St. Pancras to Brussels.

The Hull - Rotterdam or Zebrugga (sp.) is quite long isn't it.

gingerdave13 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy: i'm sat here with a pile of paper doing data entry when this was meant to be a step up?? Oh and i've chopped down a fair few trees by printing off several hundred pages of paper which is also sat on my desk waiting to be filed.. once again not quuuuiite in the job description.. Still I am getting more pay for doing lest hard work.

no wait wrong thread..

ermmmmmm i've got all the bits required for a media centre PC which is quite exciting considering it'll end the use of video tapes mwuhahhahahaha!! Apart from that a bit of climbing indoors planned this week, and font end of may is coming along..
 climbingpixie 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

Sounds ace, lucky girl!

My (kinda) brag is that my instructor thinks I'm ready to book my driving test - after 8 hours of lessons! Can't really brag unless I pass it though so fingers crossed that the 27th March is a good driving day
 CJD 26 Feb 2008
In reply to The New NickB:
> (In reply to graeme jackson)
> [...]
>
> I would have thought the train journey would be a good bit quicker. It is pretty quick down the east coast mainline to Kings Cross then pretty quick from St. Pancras to Brussels.

yep! and cheaper than flying too!
>
> The Hull - Rotterdam or Zebrugga (sp.) is quite long isn't it.

it's a 5 or 6 hour crossing, aye... and then there's the faff at either end.

International train stations are *very* exciting for provincial folk like myself

Wingnut 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:
I will be exhibiting one of my home-made bodges at the Outdoors Show.
 Al Evans 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy: Its a nice day ay last, going to check out a possible new DWS area, then a session with my personal trainer.
Al
 broccoligirl 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

Snap! I'm off to Italy too, but not till Easter. I'm gone for 7 days and will spend 4 in Rome!
Then I'm going to France in April... plans are afoot for a mission from Portugal to the Canary Isl (hopefully by ferry) and then onto Morrocco (again hopefully by boat).

ebygomm 26 Feb 2008
In reply to CJD:

> it's a 5 or 6 hour crossing, aye... and then there's the faff at either end.

12 or 15 hours depending on whether you go to Rotterdam or Zeebrugge so rest assured the train journey is far far quicker.

I've been looking at the Eurostar, there's some real bargains and it's far more tempting now, as Nottingham trains go to St Pancras so no London faff.

In reply to climbingpixie:

Ooh ooh, I just remembered I'm pretty chuffed about finding the SMC Scottish Lowlands guide last night for £14 online. Looking forward to it arriving this week so I can plan my easter sea cliff trip!! :-D
 CJD 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

what does flying club class involve?

yours,
Standard-class CJD
 broccoligirl 26 Feb 2008
>so fingers crossed that the 27th March is a good driving day

Ooh! Good luck, hope it all goes smoothly.
bergalia 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

Italy eh ? Reminds me, I'll be flushing out my septic tank this weekend....
 CJD 26 Feb 2008
In reply to ebygomm:
> (In reply to CJD)
>
> [...]
>
> 12 or 15 hours depending on whether you go to Rotterdam or Zeebrugge so rest assured the train journey is far far quicker.

yeah, I did it a few times as a kid.
>
> I've been looking at the Eurostar, there's some real bargains and it's far more tempting now, as Nottingham trains go to St Pancras so no London faff.

conveniently, Kings Cross is right next door. If you book carefully, it could be as cheap as £35 leeds to brussels (for instance) with no pesky taxes applied on top.
 Flying Monkey 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:
Awwweeeeeeeooooorrrruugghhh (strange monkey sounds), I love Florence and am most envious!!

My brag? Er, um, hmmm, nothing particular at the moment, but off to the States in May then climbing in the French Alps in the summer, erm, loved up, erm, flat purchase going through, erm, gorgeous flowers at home, about to be an auntie...it'll do for now!

Have a fab trip

OP Anonymous 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

Start my new job on Monday.

£420 per day plus expenses.

Not exactly unashamed bragging, hence the anon thing, but am pretty bloody chuffed.
Ian 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Anonymous:
well done, i'm only slightly jealous

moomin 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

I've just come back from 2 weeks in the Dominican Republic and I can officially kite surf. I have a card that says so and everything.

I also bought a lovely new wetsuit on Saturday with a special zip on hood, so that's something to look forward to. Should keep me toasty warm, if make me look slightly stupid.

I also have the day off tomorrow, and I'm going to demo some new kites.

As of tomorrow, I will be officially out of debt - just about. Until the probable purchase of new kites.
 The New NickB 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

I have just got the approval on £3m of you good tax payers money on a project, with another £9m to come.

Very pleased because we wrote the business case with virtually no resource and limited experience in this specific area.

johnj 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy: i'm going to see the eels with loulou, beat that one;+)
 Tree 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy: I have everything I could want right now- job, spouse, children, friends, home, community. AND sunshine!
In reply to Flying Monkey:

> My brag? Er, um, hmmm, nothing particular at the moment, but off to the States in May then climbing in the French Alps in the summer, erm, loved up, erm, flat purchase going through, erm, gorgeous flowers at home, about to be an auntie...it'll do for now!

Yeah, but aside from all THAT, what did the Romans ever do for us...?
 cmb621 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

I am going to Lake Tahoe - California, snowboarding on saturday for a week! cannot wait. Hope it keeps dumping down!Sweet!

Hooray!
In reply to Hjonesy:

Well I am going to be really dull and boring compared to you high brow arty-farty types, it's a week in Font for me Climbing!

Lol! I can't really complain about my lot at the moment
 Glyn Jones 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy: One more trip and I can park at the Eurostar car park for free and access the business lounges so I can avoid you riff raff.
 TobyA 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

> What's your brag?

My blog got a five star review in Climb magazine (obviously the best climbing magazine in the world, with the smartest writers!).
In reply to CJD:

Belgium!
Manakin piss, Atomium and GB Quick. If your quick you can get a same day return!
 Glyn Jones 26 Feb 2008
In reply to A Nidderdale boulderer.:
> (In reply to Hjonesy)
>
> Well I am going to be really dull and boring compared to you high brow arty-farty types, it's a week in Font for me Climbing!

Just a week?

CJD 26 Feb 2008
In reply to A Nidderdale boulderer.:
> (In reply to CJD)
>
> Belgium!
> Manakin piss, Atomium and GB Quick. If your quick you can get a same day return!

but... but I'm going to see my boyfriend! I don't want to come back on the same day!

Nao 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:
> What have you got to brag about at the moment?

Umm, I'm off to Oman for a week staying in some posho hotel and apparently I can try that dune-boarding thingy (not sure if that's anything to brag about). I've never been there before so it sounds... interesting. And it will be reet cultural. Probably.

The week after, I'm off for a fun(bag)-filled day in town with some bint I met on a climbing site! Hurrah!
 Glyn Jones 26 Feb 2008
In reply to loulou:
> (In reply to Hjonesy)
>
> Got a long line of boys to get through!

Prostitution?
loulou 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Glyn Jones:
Yep, pays the mortgage!
 AlisonSmiles 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

Ah, the signs of my sad and pathetic life.

I am really pleased with myself because I have finally organised the kitchen to be tiled. The tiler starts work tonight.

In a nutshell, when my husband was diagnosed badly sick 3 years ago the kitchen was a square hole stacked with flat packs. I focussed on putting the basics together, the base units created, the wall units up, worktop on, then got the doors and handles on but didn't bother with the tiling. So I'm pleased I've moved this forward now - made decision, employed a "little man" (my workmen are always described as this no matter what their size or gender), and got on with it.
 Blue Straggler 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:
>
>
>
> What's your brag?

i won something!

oh hang on though

it was only an eBay auction

and I went above my max

for something extravagant

that I already have twice on CD

to fulfil my kollektor skum instinkts

oh dear.

I am not proud.
johnj 26 Feb 2008
In reply to loulou: Hello Loulou:+) you're a A list student but you pay the mortgage through prostitution, is there anything else you feel we should know?
mrsmesh 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

BONUS Day!
 fimm 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

I ran 10 km in 48 minutes and 22 seconds.

(This is not very fast, really, but I am pleased with it.)
Profanisaurus Rex 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

Just got back from a wicked week in Tignes, and off to Whistler for two weeks in April. With some climbing weekends in between. Maybe not that bragworthy, but a nice few things to look forward to over the next couple of months..
loulou 26 Feb 2008
In reply to johnj:
> (In reply to loulou) Hello Loulou:+) you're a A list student but you pay the mortgage through prostitution, is there anything else you feel we should know?

Well if you believe that you will believe anything!
 Eagle River 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

Can I brag about being really happy with everything?

Climbing wise I'm progressing well, bagged my first 7a outdoors in a recent trip to Spain and am feeling really strong when bouldering.

I'm enjoying work and have a very understanding supervisor who understands when its sunny outside I should be climbing rather than working.

I went on a date with a REALLY attractive girl on sunday who is now showing lots of interest.

Said girl is coming to a night I'm DJing at on Friday with some of her friends so I get to look like the cool DJ in front of them.

Brother in law has just bought a very fast car and is just itching to let me drive it. I've just got to perfect my jedi mind trick first.....
johnj 26 Feb 2008
In reply to loulou: you have mail
 sutty 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Eagle River:

Your brother in law wields a mean ice axe if you drive that machine into a wall before your sister does it for him.
 Eagle River 26 Feb 2008
In reply to sutty:

I can't believe he'd entertain the idea of letting helen anywhere near it.

I also don't hold out much hope of him letting me near it either however I'll be ready to pounce if the keys are ever left unattended....
 sutty 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Eagle River:

He was quite happy with her driving the last machine from the leaky tub to here when he was sailing. She drives OK, for a gurl

(where is the flack jacket?)
Hjonesy 26 Feb 2008
In reply to sutty:
> (In reply to Hjonesy)
>
> OK, you got me bang to rights, I am sort of jealous. I may doze off in the opera though. Do they kick you out for snoring?
>
> http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v167/12/118/515293861/n51529...

I hope not!! It starts at 8.30pm and given that I'm in a deep sleep by 10.30 these days, I'm not holding out much hope for me not 'nodding off'!
Hjonesy 26 Feb 2008
> (In reply to Hjonesy)
>
> Sounds ace, lucky girl!
>
> My (kinda) brag is that my instructor thinks I'm ready to book my driving test - after 8 hours of lessons! Can't really brag unless I pass it though so fingers crossed that the 27th March is a good driving day

Woo hoo!! REV IT UP GAL!! Go for it!
Hjonesy 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Wingnut:

Oooh, what type of thing? Can you show us?
Hjonesy 26 Feb 2008
In reply to CJD:
> (In reply to Hjonesy)
>
> what does flying club class involve?
>
> yours,
> Standard-class CJD

Not too sure, I've not been off Sleasyjet and Ryanair in about 5 years. I believe we get to go in a swanky lounge at the airport where there's free grub and drinkies. Plus we get big ol' seats in the plane up the front and free booze for the flight. Have briefed the chap to wear clothes with deep pockets as I'll be a tad light-fingered in the lounge no doubt!

p.s.- flight and upgrade is part of my birthday pressie from him - *BEAM*
Hjonesy 26 Feb 2008
In reply to broccoligirl:
> (In reply to Hjonesy)
>
> Snap! I'm off to Italy too, but not till Easter. I'm gone for 7 days and will spend 4 in Rome!
> Then I'm going to France in April... plans are afoot for a mission from Portugal to the Canary Isl (hopefully by ferry) and then onto Morrocco (again hopefully by boat).

Excellent, there we go then, I can bore you rigid with stories of Italy over a beer when I get back!
Don't worry, I won't go so far as to bring the laptop with all the photos.....or will I?!?
Hjonesy 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Flying Monkey:
> (In reply to Hjonesy)

>flat purchase going through,

Yay! House party at Flying Monkey's!!!
 CJD 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

oo, very nice. 'Im Indoors uses those lounges etc and says it makes flying almost tolerable. He's Mr Frequent Flyer though...
johnj 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:
> (In reply to Flying Monkey)
> [...]
>
>
>
>
> Yay! House party at Flying Monkey's!!!

awesome!!!

johnj 26 Feb 2008
In reply to CJD: uses 'those lounges' can't he find the bar?
Hjonesy 26 Feb 2008
In reply to moomin:

All sounds great missus!

You must be very smiley.
Hjonesy 26 Feb 2008
In reply to johnj:
> (In reply to Hjonesy) i'm going to see the eels with loulou, beat that one;+)

Seem them already with my mate Mike!

*beaten*

Hjonesy 26 Feb 2008
In reply to cmb621:
> (In reply to Hjonesy)
>
> I am going to Lake Tahoe - California, snowboarding on saturday for a week! cannot wait. Hope it keeps dumping down!Sweet!
>
> Hooray!

Brilliant! Have a great time!
In reply to Hjonesy:
> (In reply to Flying Monkey)
> [...]
>
> >flat purchase going through,
>
>
> Yay! House party at Flying Monkey's!!!

Monkey Monkey Monkey time!!
Hjonesy 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Glyn Jones:
> (In reply to Hjonesy) One more trip and I can park at the Eurostar car park for free and access the business lounges so I can avoid you riff raff.

Crikey, do they actually let you leave the country Glyn, or are you hopping on the undercarriage of the train and smuggling yourself out again?!
 Dom Whillans 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

unashamed bragging? was recently informed by my line manager that i might have to "up my day rate" as i'm undermining some other contractors... currently earning more than i ever have anyway!
johnj 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:
> (In reply to johnj)
> [...]
>
> Seem them already with my mate Mike!
>
> *beaten*
>
>

No way!!! your mate Mike is just a fella. Not a fat truck driver from Barnsley who's really a sexy girl from Manchester
In reply to Dom Whillans:
Cooooool, nice work Don't you just love that, like getting a payrise double what you think it's going to be
Hjonesy 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Nao:
> (In reply to Hjonesy)
> [...]
>
> Umm, I'm off to Oman for a week staying in some posho hotel and apparently I can try that dune-boarding thingy (not sure if that's anything to brag about). I've never been there before so it sounds... interesting. And it will be reet cultural. Probably.
>
> The week after, I'm off for a fun(bag)-filled day in town with some bint I met on a climbing site! Hurrah!

Hee hee hee... who be that I wonder!
rain dog... 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy: i get four months a year holiday from work, all paid!

get iiiiiiiiin..

RD X
Hjonesy 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Blue Straggler:
> (In reply to Hjonesy)
> [...]
>
>
>
> I am not proud.

Give yourself a break, just think how excited you'll be when it drops through your letterbox in a few days!

PontiusPirate 26 Feb 2008

Ooooo, exciting stuff!
Good luck

PP.
 Dom Whillans 26 Feb 2008
In reply to rain dog...:
> (In reply to Hjonesy) i get four months a year holiday from work, all paid!
>
> get iiiiiiiiin..
>
>
>
> RD X

*enters mystic meg mode*

i'm predicting a journey to a far-off land....
 nastyned 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy: I think I've landed a job as a brewer today. I had the interview yesterday and I've just got an email off the bloke saying he's going to call in the evening which sounds very promising.
rain dog... 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Dom Whillans: blimey, that was accurate!!

actually a few, but not so distant journeys!

RD
 DougG 26 Feb 2008
In reply to CJD:

Airport lounges most definitely do make flying tolerable.

Somewhere to stretch out and relax. Loads of free food and drink. Papers. Magazines. Showers. (A real life-saver this time last year after a 6-hour flight back from Jordan while suffering from a dose of the Eartha's.)

I'm probably (well, almost certainly) going to lose my Silver Card in April - which means I'll not be seeing the inside of a lounge again for a while.

As for my brag - well, not a lot right now but things are generally looking up I reckon.
 CJD 26 Feb 2008
In reply to DougG:
> (In reply to CJD)
>
> Airport lounges most definitely do make flying tolerable.
>
> Somewhere to stretch out and relax. Loads of free food and drink. Papers. Magazines. Showers. (A real life-saver this time last year after a 6-hour flight back from Jordan while suffering from a dose of the Eartha's.)
>
>

yeah - I got an email when A was heading in this direction a month or so ago, saying that someone had just brought him a choux bun laden with kiwifruit, raspberries and fresh cream. You don't get that with sleazyjet...
Nao 26 Feb 2008
In reply to DougG:
> Airport lounges most definitely do make flying tolerable.

> Somewhere to stretch out and relax. Loads of free food and drink. Papers. Magazines. Showers.

They're okay (well, brilliant before 6 in the morning) but I find they get a bit jammed up after that. I usually just go in to get the free magazines/papers and then go shopping!

Gatwick is good, Manchester's passable but Edinburgh is a bit pants (no toilets!). And Schipol's about half an hour's run from the gate so not relaxing at all!
 Glyn Jones 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:
> (In reply to Glyn Jones)
> [...]
>
> Crikey, do they actually let you leave the country Glyn, or are you hopping on the undercarriage of the train and smuggling yourself out again?!

Yep, I have a cetificate saying I do not have rabies for when I travel.
 CJD 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Nao:

the choux bun was in Auckland...
 DougG 26 Feb 2008
In reply to CJD:

That does sound pretty good.

They have butteries in the Aberdeen Airport lounge....
In reply to CJD:
> (In reply to Nao)
>
> the choux bun was in Auckland...
Bishop auckland?

CJD 26 Feb 2008

alas no, the other one, down south.
In reply to CJD: Ah. My eldest brother lives in the one down south. Says it's very nice.
 Glyn Jones 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy: I've just had an article published on UKC? Does this count?
Hjonesy 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Glyn Jones:

Only if you post a link so we can all see it (and *pretend* to read it!)

Just kidding Jonesy!
 Dom Whillans 26 Feb 2008
In reply to CJD:
> (In reply to DougG)
> [...]
>
> yeah - I got an email when A was heading in this direction a month or so ago, saying that someone had just brought him a choux bun laden with kiwifruit, raspberries and fresh cream. You don't get that with sleazyjet...

choux bun laden? in an airport? someone call MI6!
Hjonesy 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Dom Whillans:
> (In reply to CJD)
> [...]
>
> choux bun laden? in an airport? someone call MI6!

PMSL!!

Oh dear, I can't believe that made me laugh as much as it did!!
 Wingnut 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

>>Oooh, what type of thing? Can you show us?

http://www.alpkit.com/colab08/entry/configurable-ice-tool-handles

. . . only re-jigged to look a bit less daft, a bit more useable, and fitted to rather techy-er axes.
(The test axes are coming to Glencoe with me, so if I don't come back you'll know they didn't work!)
Hjonesy 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

Brag-extension:

Have just found out that at 4pm my company is ceasing work for half an hour or so to make me tea and munch cake they've ordered in from the local haven of cakes, as it's my birthday on Thursday and I'll be on holiday so they're doing it today!!! Wheeeeeeee....this is all on top of the 2 hour lunch I got treated to by my manager earlier!! Wheeeeeeeeee

Am such a lucky girl!
 CJD 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

now you're just showing off!
Hjonesy 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Wingnut:

Coooooo. That looks clever!
Hjonesy 26 Feb 2008
In reply to CJD:
> (In reply to Hjonesy)
>
> now you're just showing off!

Hey, it's the 'unashamed bragging thread' after all!

It's a good day today. *beam*
Nao 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:
You make me sick Jones! Don't choke on your cake! (Hjonesy, not Glyn)

Good article btw Glyn - very informative!
Nao 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Wingnut:
What a cool site - didn't read that part of it before. I like looking at everyone's ideas!
 Wingnut 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:
Thanks . . . starting to suffer slightly from stage fright already! ::oS
Hjonesy 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Glyn Jones:

Ahhhh...that takes me back to my Morocco trip!

Good article Jonesy, although you missed out how you need to round your trip off by partying in Pacha-Marrakech until 4am on your last night paying £7 each for bottled beer and running up a tab of several hundred pounds! Gulp.

How funny!....and random.....
Hjonesy 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Nao:

don't worry, only a couple of weeks left until YOU can spoil me too!

hee hee
Nao 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:
Well, something will be spoiled, at any rate.

Have fun in Italy, behatch.

(I will think of you when I'm swanning around, gently perspiring in Oman.)
 co1ps 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy: I just landed 50 days consultancy at 1000 pounds per day on top of my job, designing hybrid electric vehicles. Am going to spend the loot on a thirsty gas guzzler!
 control freak 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy: My supervisor seems convinced that I'll submit my PhD on time . I'm glad someone is!

And my life is pretty perfect at the moment (or is that just being smug?)
 CJD 26 Feb 2008
In reply to control freak:
> (In reply to Hjonesy) My supervisor seems convinced that I'll submit my PhD on time . I'm glad someone is!

tha'll be reet, dude. *I* too have faith.
>
> And my life is pretty perfect at the moment (or is that just being smug?)

fancy getting out sometime soon so I can offload my, er, thoughts on you?

Mooncat 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

I'm eating a pork pie.
 Tiggs 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy: I'm off to Paris on Eurostar for a long weekend on Thursday Provided this sudden bout of excruciating Gastritis clears up in time - ouch
 Glyn Jones 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Tiggs: wave to me when you pass! I have a large cork if that would help.
 Tiggs 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Glyn Jones: I don't need corks or vom buckets (if I did it might clear up quicker!) - its just total pain. Saw the doc this afternoon and was given v. large dose of Omeprazole to take to ease the pain. I'm going to Paris and may have to avoid alcohol - how stupid is that?!
 Glyn Jones 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Tiggs: oooh, poorly you. I have a bug that wants to create squirts but I do not have it as bad as you.

{{{{{{big hugs}}}}}}
 Tiggs 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Glyn Jones: {{{{{{big hugs}}}}}}} back. Poor you too! tummy ache is horrid.
Removed User 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

I'm proud of being modest enough not to post on this thread.

..Oh bollocks.
 control freak 26 Feb 2008
In reply to CJD: Thanks for the faith
(yes to getting out, I need some hills! Knackered from fieldwork at the moment)
 Nevis-the-cat 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

Yay, a thread for show off twunts like me.

I just bought an S5 and got a 60% pay rise.

I am however, on my own in a hotel after a 14 hour day and 500 miles of driving so not all fun
 Glyn Jones 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Nevis-the-cat:
> (In reply to Hjonesy)
>
>
> Yay, a thread for show off twunts like me.
>
> I just bought an S5 and got a 60% pay rise.
>
finally off minimum wage then!

CJD 26 Feb 2008

60%?

you jammy/hardworking bar-steward.

so you're not ditching it for the Msc just yet then...?
In reply to CJD:

THey gave 30 pieces of silver and I took it.

Maybe next year when I completely bur out and turn into Tarquin Scrote.

What gets me though, is t'wife works harder than me, I expect to receive little reward in heaven
In reply to Glyn Jones:

Yup!

You still using you trousers as a latrine?
 Glyn Jones 26 Feb 2008
> (In reply to Glyn Jones)
>
>
> Yup!
>
> You still using you trousers as a latrine?

Yep, finally got them lined with plastic.
Carnage 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy: I live in Sydney. Nuff said!
 Tiggs 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Nevis-the-cat: You going to get the central heating sorted out or are you going to buy a palatial pile?
In reply to Tiggs:

Good for another 20 years that heating. Not my fault the Ferret feels the cold. Cheaper to buy her a new Alpkit duvet.
 Frank4short 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy: I just started a great new job with a 5k pay rise. In a week & a half i'm going on 2 & half weeks skiing holiday. During which time i'll be celebrating my birthday with about 15 of my mates. My new custom made skis are due to arrive in the next couple of days. I've got a beautiful girlfriend, a great house with a recently redone garden, most of what i want.. Basically life is good!!
 Mooncat 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Frank4short:

Very little to brag about at the moment, the nature of my job is changing once again, and I'll be spending about 60 percent of my life in London.
 Fidget 28 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

Arrived here a bit late, but I *might* be going to Red Rocks in November
Nao 28 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:
Happy birthday Hjonesy!

(Even though you're swanning around Italeeeee. Cow.)
 Glyn Jones 28 Feb 2008
In reply to cider nut:
> (In reply to Hjonesy)
>
> Arrived here a bit late, but I *might* be going to Red Rocks in November

Why are you proud about visiting a tidal island just off the Wirral and Wales?
Chris Tan Ver. L - With Soy 28 Feb 2008

> I expect to receive little reward in heaven

But the party's in hell!
 omerta 28 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

Selling a few articles here and there....equates to my normal monthly salary in about 8 hours work. Am going completely freelance in the next 3 months, with as much time as I want to climb ; )
trevor simpson 28 Feb 2008

> I just bought an S5

cool

mrsmesh 28 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

if i told you my bonus everyone would lynch me so i won't say!
 Glyn Jones 28 Feb 2008
In reply to mrsmesh: So you are the one contributing to the credit crunch.
Got next week off work, and am going winter climbing up north all week.......!
 dhwsa 28 Feb 2008
In reply to Hjonesy:

Goin to France for a whole month of sport climbing and bouldering in April/May!
 Glyn Jones 28 Feb 2008
In reply to Alasdair Fulton: It's been advised to take your own ice with you.
mrsmesh 28 Feb 2008
In reply to Glyn Jones:

don't hate the player hate the game
 Glyn Jones 28 Feb 2008
In reply to mrsmesh: no player, no...................

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...