UKC

Is Tim Emmett worth going to see?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Hjort 27 Feb 2008
Hi,
I hear Tim Emmett is giving a talk in Bangor tomorrow night. is he worth going to see?
Thanks
Toby
 UKB Shark 27 Feb 2008
In reply to Ferrito: is he worth going to see?

Depends on what else Bangor has to offer on a Thursday evening. I can't imagine the bar is set very high.
 Ashley 27 Feb 2008
In reply to Ferrito:

He was good when I saw him a few months ago.
Ian Black 27 Feb 2008
In reply to Ferrito: You'll have too have good eyesight to see him. We were on the same flight to Geneva and he's tiny.
 Ed Booth 27 Feb 2008
In reply to Ferrito: yeh he's awesome!
 bluerockman 27 Feb 2008
In reply to Ferrito:
I met Tim on a belay ledge at Avon. He's a nice Geeza! Bet he's got some good stories!
OP Hjort 27 Feb 2008
In reply to Ferrito:
Excellent - thanks all. Anyone else going?
Removed User 28 Feb 2008
In reply to Ferrito:

He used to go to Bangor Uni so he might have some good local climbing stories to tell.
 Henry Iddon 28 Feb 2008
In reply to Ferrito:

Tims a top guy, and the worlds only kinetic human being. He generates his own energy, its remarkable - you'll leave the show psched, and mad for it rar.
 Monk 28 Feb 2008
In reply to Ferrito:

It should be a good show. I saw him a few months back. THe guy has so much energy and enthusiasm!
 UKB Shark 28 Feb 2008
In reply to Henry Iddon:Tims a top guy, and the worlds only kinetic human being. He generates his own energy, its remarkable - you'll leave the show psched, and mad for it rar.

The danger is you might end up leaving your job, selling your house to travel around the world climbing. Probably best stay in for the evening.
 Humpty Dangler 28 Feb 2008
In reply to Ferrito: I went to see him at the Hen + Chicken in Bristol a short while ago. He splits his talk into segments, covering deep-water soloing, base jumping and wing-suit parachuting; each is illustrated with short films, photos and a great many anecdotes. Tim has a distinctive and unusual blend of wit and engaging enthusiasm; when he starts talking about these sports his eyes light up like 100 watt bulbs. It's hard not to warm to the guy, though you have to give yourself an occasional reality check, as you realise he's just described climbing a huge wall to an otherwise inaccessable ledge, throwing all his climbing gear and ropes off the edge and waiting for a gap in the clouds to parachute through as though it is the most normal thing for anyone to be doing of an afternoon.

It made for an energising experience and I would recommend him, not just to climbers, but to anyone who enjoys a good evening out.
 Sgt. Vest 28 Feb 2008
In reply to Ferrito: apparently it's in main arts, the big building on top of the hill. I'm going, should be amazing! Especially for £7 pounds! Does anyone know what time it starts? 8 ish i imagine?

I think there are quite a few tickets left.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...