UKC

UK govt commited to the environment

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
P Klauzaa 29 Feb 2008
on a plane with Hitler saying he didnt kill jews...
octopus 01 Mar 2008
In reply to pingod:
Did`nt understand that ??
Maybe that`s why no one else replied!
 smithy 01 Mar 2008
In reply to pingod:

They're commited to environment on planes? I suppose good air conditioning is pretty vital.

Earl Tyrconnell-Smythe 01 Mar 2008
In reply to pingod:

its all lip service,

100's of new flights from US and into Europe agreed lately.

We liek most of the countries will fail to meet any Co2 targets, but we will have spent massive ammounts trying
Removed User 01 Mar 2008
In reply to smithy:

Who said they didn't kill Jews? Hitler or a man in the Government.

Have you started drinking early today or have you been up all night?
Removed User 01 Mar 2008
In reply to Earl Tyrconnell-Smythe:
> (In reply to pingod)
>
> its all lip service,
>

I've been wondering what that was ever since I saw it advertised at my local massage parlour for £25.00.
 Dominion 01 Mar 2008
In reply to pingod:

A government that was really committed to the environment would never get elected because we'd get rid of them as soon as they stopped cheap flights, and limited us to only 3000 miles per year each in our cars.
Removed User 01 Mar 2008
In reply to pingod:

I'm not entirely sure what you're struggling to get across here but if you're sober enough to read this perhaps you can explain further.

Are you annoyed with the government because you think they are hypocritical about their commitment to tackling climate change or is it that you're just frustrated that they're doing nothing?

Another question, do you think it would be a good idea for Governments to impose a carbon tax on air travel for example, so that cheap holiday flights were massively curtailed and with it pollution in the upper atmosphere? I just ask because you seem to have a financial interest in encouraging people to travel long distances for their holidays: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=286201&v=1#x4243199 , though perhaps you urge them to sail to Tibet. I don't know...
 winhill 01 Mar 2008
In reply to pingod:

I think he's saying he was on a plane to Tibet with Environment Minister Phil Woolas and Hitler, when Hitler, probably drunk, started denying the holocaust.
P Klauzaa 01 Mar 2008
In reply to Removed User:

I basically have abandoned many of my principles, for so long they havnt got me anywhere. The hope from my venture, is not a profit motive ,such trips are for people to perhaps understand different cultures and broaden their horizons.

Besides, if people have a desire to travel, they will do it anyway.

The govt are totally hypocritical. As far as I am concerned all governments are. I am totally against cheap flights anyway, for example a £34 pound trip to Europe is nuts.
P Klauzaa 01 Mar 2008
In reply to those who dont understand

Not literally on a plane, on a plane notionally, or factually.
Bingly Bong 01 Mar 2008
In reply to pingod:
> (In reply to Eric9Points)
> The hope from my venture, is not a profit motive ,such trips are for people to perhaps understand different cultures and broaden their horizons.
>
Does that mean you'll be registering as a charity or a not for profit organisation?

Dominion 01 Mar 2008
In reply to pingod:

> The govt are totally hypocritical. As far as I am concerned all governments are. I am totally against cheap flights anyway, for example a £34 pound trip to Europe is nuts.

Yep, totally agree. Ryan Air, BMI Baby, EasyJet (etc) are all owned by the government who set the ticket price. It's all the government's fault.
 mark s 02 Mar 2008
In reply to pingod: ive just done my bit.bought a subaru, 15 mpg yeah
 TRNovice 02 Mar 2008
In reply to pingod:

It's another of those irregular verbs: -

I have abandoned my principles
You have a desire to travel
They are totally hypocritical

Why people can consistently hold the following two opinions is beyond me: -

a. It's all the government's fault
b. The government should do something about it
 TRNovice 02 Mar 2008
In reply to pingod:

BTW, given your previous posts on the subject, I would thought that you would have been more sympathetic to Hitler's "immigration" policy.
 Dominion 02 Mar 2008
In reply to mark s:

> ive just done my bit.bought a subaru, 15 mpg yeah

Presumably you wouldn't vote for a government that insisted that all cars that did less than 40mpg were removed from the roads by 2015?

I know the manufacturers are grumbling about having to reduce emissions for new cars, especially the ones that make hi-performance sports cars.

And Porsche are threatening to take Ken Livingstone to court as some of their cars are going to be faced with a £25 per day Congestion Charge because they exceed the 225gm of CO2 per km - models like the Cayenne, with it's highly essential for city driving 4.8l engine...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7252092.stm
OP Anonymous 03 Mar 2008
In reply to pingod:
>
> I basically have abandoned many of my principles, for so long they havnt got me anywhere. The hope from my venture, is not a profit motive ,such trips are for people to perhaps understand different cultures and broaden their horizons.
>
> Besides, if people have a desire to travel, they will do it anyway.

So you are just a regular travel agent.

> The govt are totally hypocritical. As far as I am concerned all governments are. I am totally against cheap flights anyway, for example a £34 pound trip to Europe is nuts.

You are an elitist travel agent?

Are all governments hyporcritical? What about those that aren't reliant on the support of an electorate? I'm sure they don't need to engage in so much double speak.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...