UKC

Still wear Lycra, use hemp rope, socks under your 'EB&#039

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
And :

Still wear a Whillans harness
Carry a MOAC on your rack
Have a pair of Dachstein mitts in your sack

Any more...?
 Alex Roddie 29 Feb 2008
In reply to Grinning Donkey:
Sod all that modern rubbish, where are your nailed boots? And I don't want to see you wielding an ice axe shorter than a yard!

Tweed is the absolute height of modern fashion, old boy
 edg 29 Feb 2008
In reply to Grinning Donkey: I have 2 MOACs and a drilled engine nut in my rack. And I'm not old enough to remember the cold war.
 The Lemming 29 Feb 2008
> And :
>
> Still wear a Whillans harness
> Carry a MOAC on your rack
> Have a pair of Dachstein mitts in your sack
>
> Any more...?

Apart from the MOAC I have them all. I am also proud of my RonHills, off cut of carpet and loathing of all things related to bouldering.
In reply to The Lemming:

How about the orange plastic 'bivvy bag' that was used for careering down snow slopes in the Peak - when we had winters...
 The Lemming 29 Feb 2008

Got one of them too. And so should everybody else who goes onto the hills.

That's just common sence.
 Simon 29 Feb 2008
> (In reply to The Lemming)
>
> How about the orange plastic 'bivvy bag' that was used for careering down snow slopes in the Peak - when we had winters...

Yes yes - but mine was green - plenty fun on the slopes of mag Clough!

si
 johnl 01 Mar 2008
In reply to Grinning Donkey: Got the Dachsteins, MOAC and socks. Don't possess a cam either. My main sack is a Karrimor Haston Valet, still going strong, anyone remember them?
 Al Evans 01 Mar 2008
In reply to Grinning Donkey: Socks in rock boots are a really good idea, especially on long rock routes in winter.
I don't think I would have got up Dovedale Groove if I hadn't had socks to put over my boots, the groove was fine, but that little slab after the steep bit was covered in verglas, socks over the shoes stuck a treat.

Salewa Crampons with MSR long neoprene straps, Curver Ice Axe, Ultimate Helmet, Galibier Super RD Boots. Just waiting for some decent winter conditions in the Lakes to use them on again! I could be waiting a long time.
 johnwright 01 Mar 2008
In reply to Lord of Starkness: I still use my Scarpa Burgundy coloured rock boots, they must be at least 25 years old, I also have a Karrimor Whillans sac, 2 moacs, Ultimate helmet, some grotty old pegs, pr of Dachstiens and a Troll Mk 6 harness.
 thustler 01 Mar 2008
I have a whillans harness for caving.
 timrivett 01 Mar 2008
Still use a moac on it umpteenth bit of rope. Also have salewa single wire silver soldered rocks in the cupboard.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...