ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - 100 Classic Climbs in North Wales guidebook

Steve Ashton - on 03 Mar 2008
Just like to sound out something. The guidebook 100 Classic Climbs in North Wales, first printed 20 years ago, has been out of print for some time and there are no plans for a revised edition. A couple of years ago, I did an e-book version of the 100 Classic Climbs Yorkshire & Peak District Grit for Rockfax, which is available on that site. The thing is, I don't have the time - and I don't think it appropriate - to update the North Wales book or do a proper e-book version. But I know that some people still refer to the guide for route inspiration. Given that the copyright has reverted to me, I'm considering scanning it directly as a PDF and making is generally available for free (somewhere - haven't thought about that). One handy feature of this guide is that routes (or pairs of routes) appear over a single double-page spread. Very convenient for printing out just a couple of pages to take with you on a weekend trip & maybe read in the pub the night before to flesh out the definitive guide info. For those who haven't seen this book (pretty ancient now), it uses topo-like route diagrams for route-finding while the text gives a bit of flavour about the route's atmosphere (not everyone's idea of what a guide should be, I admit; also some of the grades may seem a bit quirky). What I don't want to do, though, is undermine the hard work of anyone who has written/is writing an up-to-date selected guide for N Wales (I'm a bit out of touch these days). I'd be grateful for suggestions and advice on this, thanks.
... not showing 53 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums