UKC

Outdoor show

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 middnight 13 Mar 2008
So.. who's going?

Sorry if there has already been a topic but I had a look and couldn't see one.

I'm going down on the Sunday with the Scouts so gotta wear my uniform.

I hope it's as good as last year, I really enjoyed it.

Did you go last year?
Did you think it was good?
 diggers 13 Mar 2008
In reply to middnight: I'm going to be heading down - I went last year - it's a good day out, some good deals to found, but also a lot that looks like a good deal, but is in fact not that much cheaper than standard price in a "high street" shop.

if you're looking to buy, know what you want and how much you can get it for else where...

the climbing walls and competition can be a good place to waste a few hours, I enjoyed last year - it's something to do on a wet weekend at least!!
 Alyson 13 Mar 2008
In reply to middnight: I'm going down on the Saturday. I didn't go last year but I was there the year before and quite enjoyed it, especially playing 'spot the outdoor celebrity' as I wandered around.

I'm looking forward to the skymasters thingy (watching, not taking part!)
 CarolineMc 13 Mar 2008
In reply to middnight: I'll be there. Come say hello... I'll be running the high ropes area. You can sign up for activity sessions playing on the high ropes, jacobs ladder or the zip wire. We're in hall 1, proving that Scouting is not all about tying knots and campfires!!

Doesn't look like there are that many retailers there this year, so don't expect bargain city. Instead, enjoy the chance to hear some lectures, take part in some activities and watch some damn fine climbing on the skymasters wall.

C-:
 Caralynh 13 Mar 2008
In reply to middnight:

Wasn't going to go, but decided yesterday I would, so press passes sorted, and I'll be there on Sunday. My job does have its benefits...
 Tufas Mum 13 Mar 2008
In reply to Caralynr:

Hi Caralyn

go and say hi to Rich, we have a stand next to DMM. He is also doing 3 talks about The Hard Rock Summer..

I was due to go but new house and kids keeps me in a wet Devon!

Sam :0)
 Caralynh 13 Mar 2008
In reply to Tufas Mum:

Hiya
Yup, may well do that. If I can get a place for the talk that would be good, it's definitely sthg I'm interested in hearing about after following the trp avidly last "summer" LOL!!
OP middnight 13 Mar 2008
In reply to CarolineMc:

I'm sure our lads will be eager to do it.
We make our own zip wire when we go on camps so we're not a sissy group. :-P
 CarolineMc 13 Mar 2008
In reply to Caralynr: Cool, see you there!! C-:
 CarolineMc 13 Mar 2008
In reply to Tufas Mum: Hard rock summer talks sound good - I'll try and get to one of those. Ta for the tip! C-:
 CarolineMc 13 Mar 2008
In reply to middnight: Glad to hear it! Get across early so you can book a slot. C-:
 Wingnut 13 Mar 2008
In reply to middnight:
I'm going . . . exhibiting on the Alpkit CoLab08 stand. Getting rather nervous about the whole thing . . . ::oS
OP middnight 13 Mar 2008
In reply to middnight:
Wow I guess quite a few people in here will not just be attending but taking part in stands etc.
 Little Brew 13 Mar 2008
In reply to middnight: thinking about going, but my bloke, who i was going with, is out the country and everyone else is busy! that and this year i don't have free tickets which i have had for the past 4

4+ years!

Jess.x
Comms27 13 Mar 2008
In reply to middnight:

possibility of a trip down on Sat or Sun if i go i'll be on the MR stand
 diggers 15 Mar 2008
In reply to middnight: I here there are some great deals to be had at the DMM stand - 3 cams (4cu) for £50, a pair of Mammut Universe (superdry) for £90, set of wallnut (1-11) for £50 - all sounds like a good deal to me...
 pinkie 15 Mar 2008
In reply to diggers:

some dam gud deals at the dmm stand..... i picked up 5 quick draws for 35 sqiud and 3 of them are the longer version..... yep some decent stuff !

also picked up an endra cycling jacket 35 quid and a regatta sleeveless body warmer jacket...

some gud stuff at the show.....
also 'cragg hoppers' clothing have a range of Bear Grylls clothing...so fellas if ya want to buy a jacket or shirt from this company then you,ll be advertising the name Bear Grylls on ya clothing !
and ps.... he wasnt there today ? wel i didnt see him ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...