UKC

OMM Villain 45

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Longjourneynorth 24 Mar 2008
Grateful for info on this sack if anyone has one.Like to know how well it carries gear,durability,ok for winter climbing,etc,enough capacity all things like that.
Thanks in advance. Pat.
 BelleVedere 24 Mar 2008
In reply to Serial Climber:

Hi Pat.

Its the rucksack that I have - and i like it. I used it for a week backpacking in the pyrenees in the summer, where we carried tent ect. I wouldn't say i scrimped on stuff, was just careful. I also use it as my winter hill pack. I like that it has pockets on the belt, and outside of the bag for stuffing hats gloves ect into. I find it comfy to carry even when pretty much jammed full - although i have the MSC version - and somethings you need to play with the compression to get it balanced. From what i understand it doesn't have much range in terms of adjustability - so i might be a case of if it fits you its great, if it doesn't tough. My partner has tried it and it doesn't fit him at all. For climbing the hip pockets that i like might be a problem.

I'd suggest you try before you buy. Also have a look at the osprey sacks - i was impressed with their sacks and the boy just bought one - especially the climbing ones which have waist loops which detatch - to get them out of the way for climbing, and seem to have lots of nice touches like zips you can open easily with gloves on.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...