UKC

Sunglasses - polarised or not?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stone monkey 31 Mar 2008
I seem to be continuing my track record of keeping sunglasses for 12 months, then either loosing or breaking them. Now is that time of year again. Given my skills in sunglass care I'd like to not spend a fortune (£50 max) but need some decent ones for alpine climbing - cat 3 i would have thought.

Can anyone explain the benefits (or otherwise) of polarised lenses? Other than being £30 more expensive and perhaps making reflections off water less intense, are there any benefits?

Cheers

SM

PS> I do know what polarisation is
In reply to stone monkey:

http://www.sailgb.com/p/julbo_typhoon_lightweight_sunglasses/

I lost a pair of Julbo nomads and replaced then with these. I did not realise what polarised lenses were , but the difference in glare was minimal IMHO.

Regards IIM
In reply to industrialiceman:

Sorry , my post directs you to a pair for £59 . Your OP say 50 - but close none the less !
 Reach>Talent 31 Mar 2008
In reply to stone monkey:
I've not found a huge glare reduction from changing to polarised but I have found them to be a huge pain in the backside when I need to look at any polarised displays (phone, GPS, digital camera).
 Tree 31 Mar 2008
In reply to stone monkey: Polarised lenses bring on migraines for me, if glare is an issue, photochromic cat 4 are the way to go!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...