UKC

Tremadog festival 2008

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gazeranco 10 Apr 2008
I have never placed my own gear outdoor before only used bolts already in the wall, can I top rope a tremadog or are there bolts, I dont fancy placing gear just yet?
 jkarran 10 Apr 2008
In reply to Gazeranco:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though I suspect it's a waste of bandwidth:

Yes, you can toprope on bits of Tremadog (upper tier, whatever it's called is ideal). No, there are and will be no bolts.

It's as good a place as any I can think of to try traditional climbing.
jk
OP Gazeranco 10 Apr 2008
In reply to jkarran: Thanks JK, I sense something I said there is really stupid, do you mind pointing out what exactly? as you have probably gather im new to the whole outdoor climbing scene been climbing indoor for a couple of years and top roping outdoor but my knowledge is very limited...
 jkarran 10 Apr 2008
In reply to Gazeranco:

Tremadog is a bolt free cliff. People get pretty protective of their bolt free areas, the mere mention of 'bolts & area X ot Y or Z' is often enough to wind folk up.

Likewise, one or two people like to get on their high horses about top roping.

The mention of both under a new username does have the whiff of a poor troll about it. If it's not then welcome. Fill in a profile, people will be less suspicious no matter what rubbish you put in it

Tremadog is nice. Maybe try the lifts & partners thing, see if someone will show you the ropes so to speak.
jk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...