UKC

DMM - Prowire Quickdraw

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 arakis74 17 Apr 2008
Anyone have any feedback on these bad boys?

They seem fairly light, they are relatively cheap...am I missing something?
 IanJackson 17 Apr 2008
In reply to arakis74: nope, there great.
 RocknRoll 17 Apr 2008
In reply to arakis74:

go for the helium krab, lighter still.
OP arakis74 17 Apr 2008
In reply to RocknRoll: These are a bit cheaper though arent they?
 samir 17 Apr 2008
In reply to arakis74:

Prowires are a lot cheaper. A set of 10 for £75. Heliums are pretty much double that! Unless you're absolutely loaded, save your money!
 maresia 17 Apr 2008
In reply to arakis74:

I use them and have had no issues at all. They are a really good compromise between weight and expense.
 whiting.jp 17 Apr 2008
In reply to arakis74:

Another positive vote from me.. I'm sure there are lighter, I'm sure there are cheaper, but they're a really excellent compromise.
 Prez 17 Apr 2008
In reply to arakis74: I think they're great, cheap and cheerful, light enough, unless you are either super rich or climbing at a level where a couple of grams here or there means the difference between success and failure, which lets face it is hardly anyone.
OP arakis74 17 Apr 2008
Prowires it is then - cheers folks
 RocknRoll 17 Apr 2008
In reply to arakis74:

One point to note is that you will need a variety of lengths on a trad. route, say 3 x 10 cm 5 x 18cm, 2x 25 cm 5x longer extendables. So I don't advise buying a pack of 10 x 10cm.

You cam buy helium krabs £6 each then buy your slings seperately. Or go for Prowire Krabs if they are that much cheaper.

I did a bit of arithmetic a while back and found that krabs were the cheapest way of reducing weight. By that I mean that £ for £ the extra money spent on buying lighter krabs was more efficient than spending extra money to buy a lighter tent or sleeping bag or jacket or whatever.
 jkarran 18 Apr 2008
In reply to arakis74:

> They seem fairly light, they are relatively cheap...am I missing something?

Probably not. It's the 'old model' that they're thankfully still making. Not sure what the price is like these days, good I imagine. Technically they're great.

jk
 jkarran 18 Apr 2008
In reply to RocknRoll:

> I did a bit of arithmetic a while back and found that krabs were the cheapest way of reducing weight. By that I mean that £ for £...

£ for £ skipping breakfast is the cheapest way of saving weight
jk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...