UKC

Anyone recommend a B&B in / near Keswick ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Damian Haigh 17 Nov 2002
We were planning to camp but Gran says she won't mind the little one for the weekend unless we treat the chance to have a weekend off with a bit of respect and stay somewhere nice.
So does anyone know somewhere nice to stay in Keswick that won't mind our muddy boots and maybe even has somewhere to leave our bikes?
 The Lemming 17 Nov 2002
In reply to Damian Haigh:

In 2000 I stayed in a B+B called the Bowfell. It's a mile outside Keswick and on the road from Ambleside into Keswick. It's not far from the Catholic Training Centre if that's can help. Sadly I can't remember the telephone number but BT or the tourist board may be able to help.

I found the place to be perfect. Even though I have walked on most of the fells the owner was able to recomend routes I had not thought of.

Taxi's arn't too much to and from the pubs.

Hope this helps
OP Aaron 17 Nov 2002

Have a look at www.eldergrove.co.uk
its in ambleside rather than keswick but its knob on.
 sutty 17 Nov 2002
If you do not get any replies here is a list, you need to click on the names for details.
Lots of good places there, I have never been dissapointed in any I have gone to on spec.
A walk round the town will get you a nice comfortable room.
 sutty 17 Nov 2002
In reply to sutty:
and half an hour later here is the link;

http://www.visitus.co.uk/uk/Cumbria.KESWICK/

sorry;-(
Stac Pollaidh 18 Nov 2002
sing to the tune of "she'll be comin' round the mountain when she comes"...

Oh, ye cannae push yur granny aff a bus !
Oh, ye cannae push yur granny aff a bus !

but you could tell her a wee white lie
an' just go campin' anyway without her knowin'?
save a few bob?
Damian Haigh 19 Nov 2002
In reply to Stac Pollaidh:

Ha!

Yes. Maybe I'm using her as an excuse! She'd know though - she always does. She's my mum after all. (Daughter's granny you see)

Thanks a lot to everyone for the replies, I'll let you know if we stay anywhere really nice.

Jaz 26 Nov 2002

the Brun Lea Guest house is tops. £15-£20 for a double room,with big scran in morn. 01768774247. they allow pets
OP michaelw 26 Nov 2002
there is a subway leading from the street that has Fishers to the park/novelty golf. As you come out of the subway heading to the park you see a refreshment kiosk ahead and a road with guest houses to your right. I can tell you that staying at the GH nearest the kiosk was a nasty experience.

Bod was horrible to his wife all weekend, but clearly the younger model housekeeper could do no wrong. No water from taps early am to wash with, and a dressing down for leaving them on when we came back (we thought they just didn't function)

nasty bit of work!
Michael Hunt 26 Nov 2002

Try:
http://www.cumbriahouse.co.uk/
A guest house run by climbers and very central too.
They have a drying room, weather station, lots of guidebooks and are close to the pubs and gear shops.
Damian Haigh 01 Dec 2002
In reply to Michael Hunt:

Thanks to everyone for all these replies. Sadly Cumbria House is closed until Feb. Looks like a great place though.

Damian
DOODLE BUG 01 Dec 2002
In reply to Damian Haigh: Must be one of the best cheap b & b's in central Keswick !! Very walkers, cycling and dog friendly.
PITCAIRN HOUSE tel 017687 72453

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...