UKC

prescription sunglasses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lightweight 07 May 2008
need to get some prescription sunglasses, and want some that are good for mountaineering and skiing.
has anyone got any experience of what's good?
antony638 08 May 2008
In reply to Lightweight: I used to use prescription sunglasses but this year i am trying contact lenses. The choice of glasses, both sport and fashion is much greater than any of the ranges of prescription ones i ever found.

ant
brothersoulshine 08 May 2008
In reply to Lightweight:

Them Rudy Project ones look nice.
 Guy Hurst 08 May 2008
In reply to Lightweight: I bought a pair of standard Juilbo mountain sunglasses in Portugal, where they were cheap, then had prescription lenses "retro-fitted" through my optician a bit later, making sure the UV resistance etc. was up to scratch. Cost a bit -- about £150 for the lenses, I think, 10 years ago -- but they've given good service.
 dsh 08 May 2008
In reply to Lightweight:

My prescription sunglasses were too expensive for the quality and rubbish.

The photosensitive type glasses are no good for sport.

Contact lenses + Prescription sunglasses = win, you get to choose whatever sunglasses you want and you also get contact lenses, which aren't that expensive nowadays, I use focus dailys but wear glasses most of the time, only where contact lenses when doing climbing or other physical activities, or occasionally on nights out, meaning a box lasts me a while, even wearing them everyday a months worth is only £20.
 dsh 08 May 2008
In reply to uberdan:

Sorry for the lack of full stops in that sentence, I'm tired after revising all day.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...