UKC

LYON EQUIPMENT BANNER COMPETITION: Ramon Marin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 23 May 2008
The brief is to design four banner adverts for climbing products from La Sportiva, Beal and Petzl using images from their websites and you can incorporate some of your own images.

Full details of this competition here: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=899

Ramon Marin

"I'm a professional graphic designer and I thought I'll give it shot to design banners, which I don't normally do. "

You can see Ramon Marin's work here: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=995

Constructive criticism and praise is welcomed.
 CJD 23 May 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

argh, there's some nice work here but the third banner has a typo! can Ramon resubmit?
 Caralynh 23 May 2008

Some of the best so far, I like these. All except the last one, which I don't think has the same impact. Love the shoes one!
 Ramon Marin 23 May 2008
In reply to CJD:

Arrrg! You are right, god knows how many times I've checked the spelling terrified of typos, and there you go.
 Ramon Marin 23 May 2008
In reply to Caralynr:

I tried to bring the unique selling points of the products, and in the LaSportiva shoes, one of the main points is the fit, compared to FiveTen with their baggy heels. I thought that visually don't look as strong but the message is straight to the point. I suppose I should re-think them a bit. But thanks for the feedback
OP Michael Ryan 23 May 2008
In reply to ramon marin martinez:

Sorted Ramon - using my basic PS skills.
 Ramon Marin 23 May 2008

You are a star! Thanks!
Apologies for my poor spelling
 galpinos 23 May 2008

Probably my favourite set so far.

My only points would it the same as Caralynr on the last one (I see where you're going but it doesn't grab me like the others) and it's a shame the fall isn't bigger in the second one, everyone loves a big whipper.

Well done, the third one (shoes) is superb imo.
 Mehmet Karatay 23 May 2008

As others have said, I like all of them except the last one. That one seems a bit weak. I feel the middle once can be improved with a different image on the same theme, but still that one is my favorite.

Well done.
Mehmet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...