UKC

replacement tips for trekking poles

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pebbles 01 Jun 2008
ok, I know its not actually climbing gear, but does anyone know where I can get a replacement tip unit for a trekking pole? it needs to be the chisseled multipoint kind, not the single spike kind, and I'v searched high and low on tinternet without finding anyone advertising the sale of spares - but since I keep coming across instructions for HOW to replace them , it must be possible to get them!
 pog100 01 Jun 2008
In reply to pebbles:

Did you try google? " Leki spares" this comes out top:

http://www.leki.co.uk/index3.asp?id=7&section=Spare%20Parts&set=6

pog100 01 Jun 2008
In reply to pog100:

or if you like to support Neddlesports: near the bottom of:
http://www.needlesports.com/acatalog/Mail_Order_Trekking_Poles_134.html
OP pebbles 01 Jun 2008
In reply to pog100: good sites, thanks, the problem is the tip I need is the chisseled point version - ie with a number of blunter pointy bits rather than one point. I woukldnt be so picky except I'v damaged a friends and want to replace it exactly before 'fessing up!
 pog100 01 Jun 2008
In reply to pebbles:

OK, I see, the one on those sites, and mine, are like a chissel though. i.e. like a 'wedge' at the bottom, not a point like a pencil. What make is the pole? If it is Leki I would have thought the top site would be the one to try, they say they have all Leki spares.
OP pebbles 01 Jun 2008
In reply to pog100: trailwise own brand - I'm going to give them a ring directly on monday, see if they can help. I got the spare section from them, but it had a carbide tip -I think my friend must have preferred the other tip version and deliberately have swapped them over.
OP pebbles 02 Jun 2008
In reply to pebbles: just thought I would follow up by saying I rang trailwise and got a solution sorted, and they could not have gone more out of their way to be helpful, so a big-up to them!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...