UKC

Scrambling around Sierra Nevada/Granada Spain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Davy Virdee 09 Jun 2008
Hello All,

Extensive web trawling has reveled that the Alpujarra and Sierra Nevada has a wealth of scrambling/easy rock climbing.
Question is - where!

Any information from anyone with experience greatly received!

thanks in advance,

Davy
In reply to Davy Virdee:

Davy

I go to SN every year to ski. It's a 3 1/2 hour drive for me so I don't tend to go there climbing. But having seen the area I can see that it is full of great scrambles (and possibly easy climbing). There is a village up in SN called Pradollano, I believe that the chair lifts run in the summer as well to get trekkers into the hills. That looks like a good way to get you to the type of areas that you may want, sorry I can't be more specific. You may want to contact the tourist board.
 chiz 09 Jun 2008
In reply to Davy Virdee: for a start there is the ruta integrale de los tres mils, a multi day ridge walk and scramble covering all the 3000m peaks in the SN, there are parts up to Vdiff, but a lot is just walking or easy scrambling. You can access the ridge from either end, and either side. There is a good manned refuge (Poquiera), plus several good and some poor/ruined huts.
Winter climbing is a different matter, but the rock to me seemed crap for proper rock climbing up on the ridge and I am not sure of any 'real' rock routes up high. Richard at 'Spanish Highs' (google 'em) is on the spot and will know all the answers

HTH

Chiz

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...