UKC

Boreal Crux vs Evolv Pontas vs Anasazi Velcro

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Matt does not bounce 10 Jun 2008
who wins, I've narrowed my next shoes down to these three...any reccomendations before I start
trying them all on

so far I've found the Evolve slightly comfier than the Anasazis but also slightly less "aggressive"...haven't found anywhere reasonably local to try the Boreals...
Richard ff 10 Jun 2008
In reply to Matt does not bounce: though the boreals were a great fit for me I just could not get on with the rubber and personally found them not that agressive, I would just take the slight pain and go for the 5.10
In reply to Richard ff:
you had the crux right..? I thought Boreal had sorted their rubber issues on these?
Richard ff 10 Jun 2008
In reply to Matt does not bounce: fair enough i did have them a while ago and yes it was the crux, over 2 yrs i think? if the rubber is sorted out them in theory they should be awesome but in all honestly i gave up with boreal after that pair and stuck with 5.10
In reply to Richard ff:
right I'll just have to try them, they get decent reviews but I just wanted some user experience...cheers
 Eagle River 10 Jun 2008
In reply to Matt does not bounce:

I've not climbed in the crux or pontas but tried them on, for me the anasazi's were the best option and if you're climbing on gritstone they're absolutely perfect. Somehow they manage to provide power in the toe on small edges and are also great for smearing.
 beardy mike 10 Jun 2008
In reply to Matt does not bounce: Have had a pair of cruxes, and found they fitted very well. But then thats entirely down to my foot. Go for the shoe that fits the best as claims about rubber are totally spurious until you get to high grades and even then I personally (having watched somebody piss up 8a+ in cruxes) think its far more about your technique, the type of shoe and the fit of the shoe. Maybe I'm just old fashioned...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...