UKC

Kilnsey bouldering topo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob1988 11 Jun 2008
Anyone know wether theres a topo/guide for the bouldering at kilnsey anywhere like an the net or what you can buy?
 robin mueller 26 Jun 2008
In reply to nofearnolimits:

This question has been asked a few times on ukb. Thus far no topo has appeared. Apparently Steve Dunning may have something.
In reply to nofearnolimits: I still find it staggering that people go to Kilnsey specifically just to boulder....
 co1ps 26 Jun 2008
In reply to north country boy: Think of it as sports climbing short routes without a rope. Not so staggering is it?
In reply to co1ps: Not Bouldering. Bouldering, at Britains best sport climbing crag on the first 8 feet of a 150foot buttress....
 co1ps 26 Jun 2008
In reply to north country boy: and then you look up and watch people redpointing 8 feet of rock between bolts QED. PS Raven Tor is Britains best sports climbing crag AND has brilliant bouldering.
In reply to co1ps: To quote Arnaud Petit on a recent meeting at St Leger: "Raven Tor!?.....ha! What a pile of shit!"

I'll assume you must have never visited Kilnsey, or Malham or LPT if you seriously think the Tor is the best sport crag in the UK.....?
brothersoulshine 26 Jun 2008
In reply to north country boy:

I have to admit I used to find it odd that people go bouldering in the Llanberis pass. I'm kind of used to it now.
 co1ps 27 Jun 2008

> I'll assume you must have never visited Kilnsey, or Malham or LPT if you seriously think the Tor is the best sport crag in the UK.....?

yes, I think I first climbed the Directissima on Kilnsey 2 or 3 years before you were born, love LPT (working on 'I've been a bad, bad, boy') and Malham too. Still like Raven Tor the best though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...