UKC

We need to get to Bishop!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Huffy 28 Nov 2002
This is a message calling out to anyone that has any sort of knowledge that could help us out. The situation as it stands is that we're in Sanfran and need to get to Bishop. The greyhound bus doesn't go there, but it does go to carson city (near tahoe) from which we can get the Crest service to Bishop. If anyone knows of a better method, or has any sort of feedback, it would be greatly appreciated.
We are loosers and can't drive either!!

Nice one

Huffy
NeilK 28 Nov 2002
In reply to Huffy:

Hey Huffy - I reckon that might be your best bet. I've had a hunt around and can't find anything else. In fact there's not that many other ways from SF to Bishop (down South is a lot further, through Tuolumne is closed). The only other things I can think of that I couldn't be arsed checking is the Amtrak train, which may take you somewhere near and run a connecting bus, or scamming on to a ski tour bus to Mammoth somehow and getting the Inyo connection shuttle to Bishop from there.

Maybe the plea you mate has put on the Mammoth area message board will give you some better info!

Have a good time...
OP Chris Doyle 28 Nov 2002
In reply to Huffy:

Good to here things are going smoothly mate. Beast it when you get there!
Huffy 28 Nov 2002
In reply to NeilK - Bloody hell, look whos got their finger on the pulse!! Cheers lad, reckon the 'Way to go' will be the tahoe thing....mothing to do today but eat tho cos its thanksgiving.

TO Chris Doyle - Nice one, gonna pay a visit to Castle rock tomorrow for a few days before the epic journey begins.........

HuffyX
NeilK 28 Nov 2002
In reply to Huffy:

No worries chief. I've checked the Amtrak site and they don't go anywhere near really, although they could take you Tahoe aswell (Truckee). Might be nice because there's some bouldering up there apparently - I did some at Doner Lake which was good but limited and frankly not worth a diversion, but if you find yourself in the area... (The Ashtray, project Sharma does on Rampage is here somewhere aswell).

Apparently there's some pretty cool rock jumps there aswell, but I don't like to talk about them any more.

Thanksgiving, hmmm - now that's good eatin'! Have fun.
 Michael Ryan 28 Nov 2002
In reply to Huffy:

Get the bus to Carson...walk to the city limits on Hwy.395 (south) and hitch.....or get the Crest.

Alternatively: post on boldering.com and ask for a lift.

Mick
Huffy 28 Nov 2002
Thanks for the knowledge guys

Michael Ryan 28 Nov 2002
In reply to Huffy:

and Huffy....my number is 760/873-9147

Mick
Huffy 28 Nov 2002
In reply to Mick - Rockfax USA: I'm well greatful, thanks alot.

See you there

Huffy
 TN 02 Dec 2002
In reply to Mick - Rockfax USA:

No point getting his number though because he never answers the bleedin' phone!!!

Got a couple of very well travelled (and somewhat battered) boxes of tea for you Mick! We tried to get in touch with you last week when we were in Bishop but you're rather elusive................ so we had to eat pizza and drink 'beer' instead!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...