UKC

Old Style Petzl Zoom Head Torch... HELP!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
chrisgriff087 13 Jun 2008
Hi all!
I have recently bought an 8 year old+ petzl zoom headtorch- well used, and i need to change the battery as it isn't holding a charge- does anyone know the code/type they take, off the top of your head??!!
Cheers, Chris!
 woolsack 13 Jun 2008
In reply to chrisgriff087: I got fed up pf tryimng to find the flat cells and coverted to 3xAAA. Its all LED heaven now though
Nidderdale at home 13 Jun 2008
In reply to chrisgriff087:

Please UKC dont zap this post, I know it's commercial but these batteries can be a pain in the arse to get hold of and I make almost feck all on them.

http://www.sypeland.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18&...
 deepsoup 13 Jun 2008
The flat alkaline jobbies are Duracell MN1203
(or Energizer 3LR12, or Varta 4012)
 ianslade 13 Jun 2008
In reply to chrisgriff087: Petzl Zoom's have taken the same batteries since they were designed, it is a 4.5V flat battery I work at Hi-Peak Leisure ltd in Stoke on Trent and we stock a duracell version but they should be avalable at any good hard ware store. Product Code: D45B
Chris Tan Ver. L - Lost in Time 14 Jun 2008

Maplins have a 3xAA battery pack that will fit inside a zoom battery holder. Couple of crimp spade connectors, job done.

I always take one with me on a trip, so if I can't get the 4.5v flat batteries, I can always use 3xAA - Note: the AAs won't last as long as the flat one.
 UKC Forums 14 Jun 2008
This thread was started in the DOWN THE PUB forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Climbing Gear - Post all your climbing gear-related questions here. You know how you love comparing Friends with Camalots!

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...