UKC

Weather near Almscliff/ Harrogate Thursday 3rd July

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Crofty 03 Jul 2008
Hi, anyone know what the weather is doing over that way, was thinking of a trip out there this afternoon/early evening. Thanks
 Andy Hobson 03 Jul 2008
In reply to Crofty:

Just gone very gloomy in Leeds - looks like rain. But it was a bit like this yesterday and it turned into a gorgeous evening.
 Simon Caldwell 03 Jul 2008
In reply to Andy Hobson:
Cloudy but with lots of blue sky in Wetherby. Has been steadily improving all day. But the last few days have has localised showers (yesterday's gorgeous evening Andy mentions was torrrential rain here!) so could do anything really.
 sutty 03 Jul 2008
In reply to Crofty:

thick mist but dry at 4am, light shower around 8am but got sunnier all day. Cat is out the back sunbathing so it must be warm as well. fill yer boots.
 Andy Hobson 03 Jul 2008
In reply to Toreador:

> But the last few days have has localised showers (yesterday's gorgeous evening Andy mentions was torrrential rain here!) so could do anything really.

Yeah, we saw that one heading your way! There was an even worse one over Otley which also missed us but once they'd gone past it cleared up.

Just heard the first thunderclap in Leeds - I'm giving up on my planned afternoon at Caley I think...
 brieflyback 03 Jul 2008
In reply to Crofty:

There is some very dark stuff just arriving at Skipton now. Heavy rain, or at least a very hefty shower, by the looks of it. That will trek eastwards, so while it's still looking sunshiney over there at the mo, I wouldn't go up there without your waterproof.

Yep, just starting to rain now...
 Andy Hobson 03 Jul 2008
In reply to Martin76:

Now raining enthusiastically and more thunder in Leeds.
 brieflyback 03 Jul 2008
In reply to Andy Hobson:

Flash! Let's hope no-one was up at Crookrise just now...
In reply to Andy Hobson:
Now pissing down in Wetherby
 Andy Hobson 03 Jul 2008
In reply to Toreador:

Sun's back out in Leeds. Still a lot of gloomy looking clouds around though.

This weather is mental.
 mugglewump 03 Jul 2008
In reply to Crofty: I think it will be a fine evening just had a thunder storm. but its looking better now.
 brieflyback 03 Jul 2008
In reply to mugglewump:

Stopped raining out west again, although still pretty grey.
 sutty 03 Jul 2008
In reply to Andy Hobson:

A humongous black cloud just passed over the crag and is coming over me now, very light rain. will report back if it develops into more.
 sutty 03 Jul 2008
In reply to sutty:

OK, rain has now passed over giving a wetting to the road that is already drying. Light shower, that's all here.
OP Crofty 03 Jul 2008
In reply to Crofty: Thanks everyone, the weather here in York took a turn for the worse and even thundered. Now the suns out and I think we will go and have a look. Can always try some problems in the wet or under an overhang! Crofty.
 sutty 03 Jul 2008
In reply to Crofty:

Yes, drying out now, and as you say. NW face will be sheltered.
In reply to Crofty:
I'd risk it if I were you. Mind you, we did that on Tuesday and got soaked.

P.S. raining in Wetherby
OP Crofty 04 Jul 2008
In reply to Toreador: We risked it and had a great time, did OH Groove on 2nd, a poor attempt on my part to second WASC, Great Western via 5 star finish lead, partner led Western Front, then a bit of bouldering and a solo of 'The Ear' a problem that feels like a route. Quite a few people out, glad I went, Almscliff is often very good shortly after rain. cheers again to anybody who posted. Crofty.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...