UKC

help, Wheres Almscliff

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Urban5teve 26 Jul 2008
Hey, Can somebody tell me how to get to almscliff from Harrogate. I've not been before and have lost me guide book. Cheers
 Liam M 26 Jul 2008
In reply to furyan: By what transport?

By train you can go to Weeton and walk up the hill through Huby until you see the crag on your right.

Driving, follow the A658 south until you get to Huby, and continue up the hill as if you were walking from the station.

HTH
OP Urban5teve 26 Jul 2008
In reply to Liam M: Thanks for your speedy help
 PPPatrick 26 Jul 2008
In reply to furyan:

If you come to my house, stand in the corner of the garden, peer over the hedge and look left of the big fir tree.......you can see it.

Does that help?
 sutty 26 Jul 2008
In reply to furyan:

http://new.ukclimbing.com/databases/crags/craginfo.html?id=373

Find it in classifieds, for some reason the muppets who decided to put them there seem to think people need an initiative test to find anything now.
 2pints 26 Jul 2008
In reply to furyan:

Drive south of Harrogate and look out of the window?

Failing that, take the A658 towards Bradford until you see the signposts.

Wrongfoot 26 Jul 2008
In reply to sutty:

LOL a rather grumpy but fair point.
In reply to sutty:
> Find it in classifieds, for some reason the muppets who decided to put them there seem to think people need an initiative test to find anything now.

Thanks for your kind words Sutty. It's nice to know how much you appreciate all our hard work on UKC.
 sutty 26 Jul 2008
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC:

Nick, I have pointed this out at least once before. You used to have the heading titled databases I think, now, someone looking for a database would have no idea how to get to them unless they put that word into search to give this;

http://www.google.com/custom?q=database&sa.x=0&sa.y=0&client=pu...

How about changing the heading to database, and including classifieds as a sub section.

I do like most of your work, but not this alteration from the previous layout, sorry.
In reply to sutty:
> (In reply to Nick Smith - UKC)
>
> Nick, I have pointed this out at least once before. You used to have the heading titled databases I think, now, someone looking for a database would have no idea how to get to them unless they put that word into search to give this;

And I've said at least once before that it is a temporary change, until we merge together the old Crags database and the Logbooks system. You mean you don't read every single post I make?? Shocking ;P
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=306185

Unfortunately we can't do everything at once. Moving over to the new server was a big job, and that took priority, but it is now complete

Cheers
 sutty 26 Jul 2008
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC:

sorry boss, will buy you a drink next time I see you as penance.
 Greg 26 Jul 2008
In reply to sutty: and I'll buy you a drink next time I see you, because I have no idea where Almscliff is. Isn't it meant to be ace? Can't be that pimple crag between Hairygut and Poo-l which I've visited some and oft......
 sutty 27 Jul 2008
In reply to Greg:

bloody veg gobbling punter.;-P

you at home or work/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...