UKC

PYB Centre Assistant Scheme, anyone here done it?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jezb1 31 Jul 2008
As the title, if you have could I ask a few questions? - I'm thinking of applying.
Thanks in advance.
communier 31 Jul 2008
In reply to jezb1:

i met a guy at the rac boulders who was doing it and he was really enjoying it. said it wasa good atmosphere in the living quatres with the other people.
OP jezb1 31 Jul 2008
In reply to communier: I'm sure I'd have an awesome time doing it if I did apply and was lucky enough to be selected. Back in N Wales, plenty of people to climb/paddle etc with....but there are a few questions in my head!
 FrJ 31 Jul 2008
In reply to jezb1: I was chatting with a few Centre Assistants while there some while ago and it seemed that they were involved mainly with general duties and helping with groups rather than instructing but as the other poster said I think they were enjoying the experience.

The person spec is "looking to become leaders and instructors", and I see from your UKC presence that you already holf ML and SPA, so I suspect might be overqualified.

If you were looking to spend some time as an instructor a number of the magazines carry job ads for instructors which might suit you.

Good luck in finding something. Might also be worth asking PYB what opportunities they might offer for Centre Assistants who are already qualified.
 FrJ 31 Jul 2008
In reply to jezb1: You might also have a look at their Instructors Scheme (see PYB website under infojob opportunities).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...