UKC

COMP: Sharples - Be in My Calendar Competition

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Michael Ryan 08 Aug 2008
premier post photo
Every year Keith Sharples, the photojournalist and climber, publishes a climbing calendar and this year is no different.....well actually it is a little different!

This year UKClimbing.com are one of the Keith's sponsors, each page has a climbing business as a sponsor of a particular month. It's expensive producing calendars for a small sport such as climbing!

Keith has come up with a great idea. Rather than have some sponsored climbing hero featuring on the UKClimbing.com page, (there will be plenty of famous climbers featured in the calendar), Keith suggested that a climber who can answer some simple questions can be the subject of UKClimbing.com's page in his calendar, climbing:09.

You do have to be an experienced climber. You must lead routes of VD standard and upwards on outdoor crags on a regular basis and your mate must also be a competent climber and belayer. And you must be available mid-late August through early September. Venue: North Wales, the Lake District or the Pennines.

OK, let's have at it. Answer the questions and send them tout de suite to Keith. Closing date is Midnight on Saturday 17th August.

Everything is explained, in detail, here: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1198l

domsha 10 Aug 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Tried to go to the photographerd website and my AV software blocked it saying the site was infected! A file called "Exploit WebAttacker" apparently.

Real or over-paranoid AV software (AVG)?

Dom
OP Michael Ryan 18 Aug 2008
COMPETITION NOW CLOSED

Mick
 Keith Sharples 18 Aug 2008
In reply to domsha:

I had a email about the same issue last week and asked my webmaster to look into it. If I understood his answer correctly, there was an issue somewhere upstream(?) from my website that was infecting the home pages of some (random?) websites. My webmaster reloaded the home page and it's been absolutely fine since then. Now that the competition is over we are looking to migrate the site to another host as part of a plan to update and develop the site.

Meanwhile if anyone experiences that issue again, I'd appreciate a heads-up...

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...