UKC

MSR Pocket Rocket advice needed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tony the Blade 12 Aug 2008
Do I need a special MSR pan set, or will any aluminium/steel set do?

Cheers, TtB
Anglesey Pete 12 Aug 2008
In reply to Tony the Blade: Any
 pog100 12 Aug 2008
In reply to Tony the Blade:

It is a very simple device for producing a flame. No fancy windshield or heat exchanger, in fact no windshield at all. You can heat up anything you want with it. I find the somewhat flimsy looking pan supports actually grip and hold pans very well. Don't stand up to well to a boot on them though!
Cheers for taking time to reply.

I already have one that I've got lined up to debut at this years OMM but someone said I need special 'toughened' pans due to the fierce flame.

TtB

(Fierce - what a great word!)
 SFM 12 Aug 2008
>
>
> I already have one that I've got lined up to debut at this years OMM but someone said I need special 'toughened' pans due to the fierce flame.

There may be some truth in that. My titanium kettle has a bit of discolouration and a slight bump now after using it at the LAMM. I think anything more flimsy ie thick tinfoil will just disintegrate.
 petellis 12 Aug 2008
> Cheers for taking time to reply.
>
> I already have one that I've got lined up to debut at this years OMM but someone said I need special 'toughened' pans due to the fierce flame.

I've heard this said about MSR petrol stoves.... but i've used the pocket rocket with aluminium with no probs before.

MJH 12 Aug 2008
In reply to Tony the Blade: I have used normal ali pans with mine for several years with no problem.
johnSD 12 Aug 2008

works fine with a trangia aluminium pan, although I don't have it fired up to full blast very often (it doesn't take much to boil 500ml of water).

Remember your tinfoil lid!
In reply to all of ya!

Many thanks - that's what I wanted to read!

Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...