UKC

Bivvy spots-Gogarth/Llanberis

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mikekeswick 20 Aug 2008
Hi there,
a few of us are off down to Wales on friday,probs getting there around 11 and can't be bothered trying to find a bivvy spot in the dark!Not sure exactly where we are heading,either Gogarth or The Pass weather dependant??Campsites considered if cheap!! Anyone got any recommendations???? Cheers Mike
 Al Evans 20 Aug 2008
In reply to mikekeswick: Used to be a bunker up at South Stack, spent many happy nights there, don't know if its still there though, or how clean it is these days. Also a barn (Williams?) just up the Pass from Llanberis, sad if they are gone.
In reply to mikekeswick:

as you enter Nant Peris on the right behind a row of houses with a pub on the left there is a farmers house which accepts campers for around £5pn i think.

Good luck
 brieflyback 20 Aug 2008
In reply to mikekeswick:

I've camped on North Stack in fair weather before. Great place to wake up, not far from the car park at the far end of Holyhead.
 ArnaudG 20 Aug 2008
In reply to mikekeswick:

I kiped several times at or just near the car park at South Stack. Just mind the dog turds.

A.-
&y_Gee 20 Aug 2008
In reply to mikekeswick:

If you end up heading to Llanberis then the campsite in Nant Peris directly opposite the Vaynol Arms is cheap enough. I was only charged £4 per night earlier this year. There are other suggestions here:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=316765&new=4677010#x4677010

If you really want to save money, there are some big rocks in the Pass that it used to be traditional to sleep under.

For Gogarth, I've had no problems sleeping in a van in the North Stack car park. If you actually want to bivvy out somewhere in a bag, then there is an alcove in the little crag overlooking the approach to Wen Zawn.

Have fun.

Andy.
 John2 20 Aug 2008
In reply to &y_Gee: I've often camped in the level patch of grass over the wall from the layby underneath the Grochan. A woman will probably collect £1 from you in the morning, but it's a good camping spot.
 Ian McNeill 20 Aug 2008
In reply to mikekeswick:

and if you want something comfortable near Gogarth equidistant way between north stack and south stack and Rhoscolyn

Anglesey Outdoors http://www.angleseyoutdoors.com/
 gilldando 22 Aug 2008
In reply to mikekeswick: Many thanks guys!!Looks like north stack carpark it is then!!Fingers crossed for the weather tommorrow....
 Andrew.Davies 22 Aug 2008
In reply to mikekeswick: you can alway kip under the cromlech boulders.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...