UKC

Warning re Geartags.co.uk " Non performance "

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
johnnie nine fingers 22 Aug 2008
This site offers "handy labels for all your gear "; However Five months after paying by paypal and no delivery , its time to warn other climbers that this site is not providing the labels you prepay for ; I got a group apology email sent out 4 months ago : climbers on the email list have confirmed that they to have not got what they paid for ; Keep your dosh or let us all know if you know of a reliable company that does these labels. John
 brigsy 22 Aug 2008
Just gone into conflict resolution with Paypal for an order with this lot. Anyone know a reliable company that does the job?

pottsworth 22 Aug 2008
In reply to johnnie nine fingers:
tags4.com recently updated their website to say they were starting up again
 Luke90 23 Aug 2008
I had the same problem and there were several threads on UKC about other people's experiences. Unfortunately they were deleted and I hope this one can remain as a warning for anyone that checks (pretty please mods

The only way to get your money back seems to be making yourself a hassle which is what I succesfully did in the end. I was even promised tags as well as a refund but the tags never did materialise.

If you want I can email you the phone number I found for the guy behind it. I don't know whether he's changed it, I gave it to a few others and never heard whether they managed to get anything out of him.

I'm hoping tags4 do make a comeback. Their website seems to be down at the moment but hopefully that's a sign that they're working on it...
 FrJ 23 Aug 2008
Able Label do some dishwasher proof labels that might do the trick.
 brigsy 23 Aug 2008
Yes please Luke. The number would be great. And thanks for the replies guys.

johnnie nine fingers 24 Aug 2008
In reply to Luke90:

My main aim is to warn others to avoid this shark but I would appreciate it if you could forward me the phone number Luke ... can always see whether a 0400 hours alarm clock call can get him to work

duignanj@gofree.indigo.ie

Luke90 24 Aug 2008
In reply to johnnie nine fingers and brigsy:
You should both have mail and if anyone else needs the number they can get in touch with me by emailing through the forum. Good luck.
 brigsy 27 Aug 2008
In reply to johnnie nine fingers: Having texted the number, someone (a few days later) text back saying there were email problems and I should have my gear by the end of the week. Commence breath holding.......NOT

brigsy 04 Sep 2008
Suffice to say the tags never arrived! What a toe rag. Got my money back through papal though!
 pottsworth 04 Sep 2008
On the plus side, the tags4 site is looking more and more operational
 Moacs 04 Sep 2008

The WhoIs registration says you might want to take it up with:
Domain name:
geartags.co.uk

Registrant:
Ian Cornwell

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
4 Roundhay Crescent
Leeds
West Yorkshire
LS8 4DT
GB

John
 John_Hat 04 Sep 2008
In reply to Moacs:

Yes, this is the route I took. However as soon as I put these details on a thread the thread vanished.

Hence, mods, can you please delete the above post rather than the whole thread..

FWIW, both phone and emal resulted in no contact from the person concerned. And no tags (obviously...)
 pottsworth 05 Sep 2008
to be fair, I don't see why they should delete it, as the information you have posted is easily available in the public domain
 Humpty Dangler 17 Sep 2008

My biggest concern is that the website is still up and running, so presumably he's still accepting money from people despite failing to meet his orders. I am considering contacting Trading Standards or taking steps myself to get it closed down.
 Chris the Tall 17 Sep 2008
I ordered some tags and did receive them, but unfortunately they are rubbish - the clear bit simply doesn't stay stuck (might try sellotape). So they good news for those who didn't receive them is that at least you haven't wasted your time putting them on all your gear

Hey ho, that life. The guy saw a possible business oppurtunity, put a fair but of investment in time and money into it, realised things weren't working and gave up. Yes he'll owe people money, but I doubt if he's enjoying his ill-gotten gains on a yacht in the caribbean. Yes he should have shut down his website - to me it looks like the stress has got to him and he's just run away from it all.

Put the pitchforks away, you've only lost a tenner, it's not as if you have HBOS shares.....
 stuckonarock 17 Sep 2008
> let us all know if you know of a reliable company that does these labels.

I was climbing with a friend from Ireland recently and she had labelled up all her gear with tags from Tags4.com. She’d had some issues with them given that there are two layers to apply and the adhesive wasn’t great. That site is no longer working.

I thought it was such a good idea that I started to research making my own with a possible view to supply. I think I’ve finally found the stickers for the job – single layer, tough marine standard adhesive and I’m currently in the process of testing them and hounding my ever-busy web developer to get a website live for ordering.

Probably about a couple of weeks off. I’ll most likely advertise here once up and running, so watch this space.

I can assure you that it will be a quality product with quick, efficient and reliable service
 Doghouse 17 Sep 2008
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Same here. I think I was one of the first to order and got the lables pretty quickly but like you found the clear labels just didn't adhere at all.

I've found the good old Blue Peter sticky back plastic works well (the clear stuff you use for covering maps etc)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...