UKC

What is madrock rubber like?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Oswald 06 Sep 2008
Sticky? Your experiences with madrock flash rubber please?
Thanks
 chris fox 07 Sep 2008
In reply to james oswald:

Lots of my friends climb in them, some climb 7c+

My mate was wearing them at Indian Creek and they were fine in the cracks, also on the granite at J-Tree, so i guess they are fine
 tommyzero 07 Sep 2008
In reply to james oswald: I got on well with them as it goes. Thought they were better than Boreal Jokers but not quite as god as Red Chillis, although the madrocks fit my foot shape better.
 krikoman 07 Sep 2008
In reply to james oswald: Brilliant and sticky but soft.
Used to use five ten ascents till they stopped making them, for comfort more than anything else. Moved on to Mad rocks and can't believe the difference - I'm tempting fate now, but I can't remember a time my foots slipped off since using them.

I've only had them for about 10 months and the toes are very thin now.
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 07 Sep 2008
In reply to tommyzero: That's hardly a ringing endorsement, red chilli rubber ain't that great.
merchant of menace 07 Sep 2008
In reply to @ndyM@rsh@ll: ditto on red chilli.
mad rock rubber is sticky and soft, i rate it but i aint that good a climber to say how good
 Jon_Warner 07 Sep 2008
In reply to james oswald: it's good - sticky but wears unsatisfactorally fast
 snoop6060 07 Sep 2008
In reply to John_Warner:
> (In reply to james oswald) it's good - sticky but wears unsatisfactorally fast

Seconded.
Ian Black 07 Sep 2008
In reply to krikoman: Aye the auld 5:10 Ascents. I bought a pair of these when they first came out, liked them so much I went back two weeks later and bought another pair. My second pair are on there last legs now and I bought a pair of mad rocks, the ones R&R were selling for 30 quid. They are very stickie and soft rubber, but as somebody else said it will probably wear out quickly.
 nz Cragrat 07 Sep 2008
In reply to james oswald:

This was from a review of the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market '08

http://tinyurl.com/6xjztu

Also new this coming spring is the Con series of shoes, which feature a concave sole that’s built into the midsole. They feature the dual density rubber and come in a lace and Velcro version. A slipper is also available, but it has less camber than the other two.
The new red conflict shoe.

The new rubber seems to be testing well. Tests at the show are proving it to have more friction than either C4 or Vibram, as well as more durability overall. Mad Rock is pretty excited about it, expect it to be on all Mad Rock shoes by spring.

Hope that is interesting
 krikoman 08 Sep 2008
In reply to Ian Black: I don't think I'd go back if they became available again, so I supose that's another vote for the Mad Rocks. I've always bought for comfort really anyway. If I'm on the rock all day then I'd rather not be in agony for the major part of it.
 54ms 08 Sep 2008
In reply to krikoman:

To be fair comparing a technical shoe and the ascent isn't really fair. I love my ascents and will be gutted when they die, but I have a pair of more technical shoes for harder stuff and keep the ascents for all day stuff in the mountains.
 krikoman 09 Sep 2008
In reply to Duncan_S: admitely I don't push the grades very hard but I've never had a problem with either shoes but I got much more confidence in my mad rocks. I've know people leading E4 and 5s in the Ascents.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...