UKC

New Dani Andrada 9b - 'Delincuente natural'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 teddy 15 Sep 2008
Daniel Andrada has completed his second route graded 9b (5.15b) in the low-roofed Alibaba Cave at Rodellar, Spain: Delincuente natural. The new link-up climbs a 10-meter ceiling (5.14c/d) followed by a poor kneebar rest and then a finish via Hulk (5.14c). Andrada believes the new line is harder than his previous 5.15b in the cave; last fall Andrada bouldered Ali Hulk with a sit start, then clipped into a rope for another 25 feet of climbing to create a 5.15b link (Source Climbing.com)

More at Daniandrada.blogspot.com.

...if you can read spanish that is!!

It seems Mr 8a himself has matched the Shamranator!
 TRNovice 15 Sep 2008
In reply to teddy:

Isn't that another "route" of the same nature as Ali Hulk?
 Bulls Crack 15 Sep 2008
In reply to TRNovice:

Guess he got confused then?
OP teddy 15 Sep 2008
In reply to TRNovice:

Yes, still 9b though!
 Wee Davie 16 Sep 2008
In reply to teddy:

Is it just me- is adding sit starts to actual ROUTES not the sh*test development ever?
There'll be a queue to add the sit start to Spyrogyra at Auchimdumpy the morra morn.

Davie
 Niall 16 Sep 2008
In reply to Wee Davie:

I reckon the man who adds a sit-start to Dream of White Horses will get respect.
 Wee Davie 16 Sep 2008
In reply to Niall:

Tower Ridge sit start- Diff/ V.Diff (split grade dependent on whether your arse gets soaked on late season snow)?

Davie

OP teddy 16 Sep 2008
A lot of respect for an outstanding athletic achievement around here I see!!
Serpico 16 Sep 2008
In reply to Wee Davie:
Makes more sense when you see the nature of the 1st part of the route:
youtube.com/watch?v=31z4Wb7GXbQ&
It's a link up which just has difficulty as it's focus, and I can respect and appreciate that even if you don't.
 seagull 16 Sep 2008
In reply to Serpico:

Indeed. It's very impressive. In a similar way to Staminaband PUTP being very impressive (and technically 8c+) but not quite the same as doing (e.g.) Hubble.

Quote from the Big Up Blog

"We interviewed Dani about his linkups in the Ali-Baba cave when we filmed him there for Dosage V, and he said he considers the cave a sort of laboratory of hard movement, with the ultimate goal being to climb something of comparable difficulty up a big, beautiful wall, which is what Chris has now done."
 Niall 16 Sep 2008
In reply to Wee Davie:

i did a sit-start to Cenotaph Corner, unfortunately I couldn't get any higher than that

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...