UKC

Have you checked you head torch batteries?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
J1234 16 Sep 2008
Looking good for the Weekend. Check those batteries at home rather than @ 7.30pm on Gimmer. You know it makes sense.
Cheers Beds
In reply to J1234: where is your sense of adventure?
J1234 16 Sep 2008
In reply to dan bailey:
Say that to the LAMRT boys and girls who have been dragged out of the Golden Rule for the sake of 3 AAA`s, now you would need a sense of adventure to say it to them. LOL
 Swig 16 Sep 2008
In reply to J1234:

My headtorch casts a pathetic dim glow. I discovered this when I lost an approach shoe and had to walk to the car in one approach shoe and one rock boot. (Was only at wildcat so a short walk fortunately.)
Jim C 16 Sep 2008
In reply to J1234:
> (In reply to dan bailey)
> Say that to the LAMRT boys and girls who have been dragged out of the Golden Rule for the sake of 3 AAA`s, now you would need a sense of adventure to say it to them. LOL

Everyone should get a wind up headtorch as back-up, and keep it at the bottom of their sack for emergency use (no more MRT call outs. )

They are not great, but you CAN read a map, and see a reasonable distance ahead which will let you keep moving, and thus keep warm.
 a crap climber 16 Sep 2008
In reply to J1234:
ive developed a fairly good system to avoid this problem: i always carry spare batteries
Dan Walker 16 Sep 2008
In reply to Sparky LaRoue:
> ive developed a fairly good system to avoid this problem: i always carry spare batteries

Don't count on it - mine bust the other evening on the summit of snowdon - wire must have broken because it shorted out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...